• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Chemlawn

SWEET-T

LawnSite Member
Any body seen a new TGCL yard sign? I've seen some with rounded edges and a big "TG" on them. But I also see the old ones? Anybody know the dealio?

IN2MOWN

LawnSite Platinum Member
TG should spend more money on their product on their customers then making new signs.

GravelyGuy

LawnSite Silver Member
I'll second that! Tgcl customers are easy to pick up & easy to please!:):usflag:
This is true. I would have to say probably 30-40% of my customers have used TGCL at some point.

They will do ANYTHING to get an account though. I would assume that they have recently sent out renewals around here because I've had several people call to inquire about 2010 pricing lately and mention TG. They spray bushes for a few of my customers and they try to take the lawns from them all the time. They will take a $90 per app lawn and go down to $50 or less. They make it very tempting for people!

Not only do they make themselves look like poor business people, but they make the customers start questioning how much you charge them because TG plays so many number games with them.

There is no way they are actually putting down grub control for certain properties or they are losing money.

phasthound

LawnSite Fanatic
This is true. I would have to say probably 30-40% of my customers have used TGCL at some point.

They will do ANYTHING to get an account though. I would assume that they have recently sent out renewals around here because I've had several people call to inquire about 2010 pricing lately and mention TG. They spray bushes for a few of my customers and they try to take the lawns from them all the time. They will take a $90 per app lawn and go down to $50 or less. They make it very tempting for people!

Not only do they make themselves look like poor business people, but they make the customers start questioning how much you charge them because TG plays so many number games with them.

There is no way they are actually putting down grub control for certain properties or they are losing money.
I just tell people, "You get what you pay for & TG has to replace 50% of their clients every year".
I will not compete with TG on price and tell prospects why. If they go with TG, they are not the clients I want.

WestGaPineStraw

LawnSite Senior Member
yep saw some a few today...I was wondering if it was a new company. One side is that TG with a leaf on it and the other side is the GA requirements for pesticide app. BTW they suck, all of the properties they do around here are awful..poa annua everywhere.

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
i saw them here today pushing spreaders, it was like 33 degrees, and snowing off and on. it is so stupid to be out this early

BonesMalone

LawnSite Member
They were out here too this week, muddy slop on top of the ground and ground froze hard below the surface. They never cease to amaze me how they never put the customers interests first