1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy squeaking Problems..

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 02DURAMAX, Apr 23, 2007.

1. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I have a squeaking problem with my 02 Silverado 2500HD Allison/Duramax......I don't know where it's from but it seems to be from the drive shaft or the U-Joints....:confused: :confused:....Can anybody help me And Has anyone else had a problem like this??

Thanks in advance..

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

My 2000 just went through that. It was the rear u-joints. They were bone dry and some of the needles were gone. So your best bet will be to a) check and see if there are any grease fittings on the u-joints and grease the heck outa them b) get them replaced

3. 02DURAMAX

I sprayed some WD-40 on the front and back U-joints and they stopped squeaking for a little bit but them they start again......&& they dont have zerk fittings on the so i called the dealer to ask for the price on them and they said their $97.78 each one:dizzy: :dizzy:....i'm going to buy them from some other place and replace them tomorrow.....

Thanks for the help!!

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

I got greaseable u-joints from napa autoparts. They were 25 bucks each. 97dollars a piece is rediculous!!!! Just be sure not to get any dirt inside of the caps or lose a needle bearing, or you are screwed and have to go buy a new one. After you install them, give a good shot of grease, then lube them roughly every 3000 miles. Good luck!!

5. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

does this truck have a swing bearing in the drive line some where it could be that and not a u joint

6. 02DURAMAX

I went to Advance Auto Parts and bought some new ones with zerk fittings for only $10.88 each one.:) :)..&& a one year replacement...

Thanks alot for the help...:usflag:

7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

You are most welcome!!!!!:waving: :usflag: