1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

chevy trlr. wiring

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 4speed, May 29, 2006.

1. 4speed

4speed LawnSite Member

My "04" 2500hd Is not supplying power to the left brake light. Truck has towing package. I checked the fuse for the trailer left stop/turn (ok) then I checked for power to the fuse and there was none. Right side is fine. Anyone have any Ideas?

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Do Right and Left share the same ground?

3. 4speed

4speed LawnSite Member

yes, same ground to trailer. problem is in the truck wiring before the fuse box

4. 4speed

4speed LawnSite Member

Stopped by the dealer today, and was able to talk to the shop forman. problem was a relay mounted on the back of the fuse box. It was a real p.i.t.a. to replace but it solved the problem!

5. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

I had the exact same problem with my '05. They told me it was a turn signal flasher. That didn't make a lot of sense to me since it was a brake light not working (the turn signal worked) but it's fixed now so it's all good.

6. 4speed

4speed LawnSite Member

Thats right Hosejockey. They called it a flasher. I was leaving that day for dover and couldn't get in for service.They wrote a service order and just gave me the part. It was located on the back of the fuse panel and as I said ,It was a real pain to replace.