1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Chicago Auto Show

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by GG386, Feb 11, 2007.

1. GG386

GG386 LawnSite Member

Spent most of the day chatting with the reps for GM, Ford, Dodge specifically on they're new diesel products. My gut feeling after reading between the lines of the BS- power is down a little, fuel mileage is going to take a hit.

I asked everyone of the reps about how confident they were with there new offering (diesel), check this one out- they all said that they offered some great gas engines as an alternative.

If you get a chance some time take a look at what's going on under that chassis, More parts on the exhaust than a Swiss watch. It's all for the good, but why dump 6K on a motor that's lost all its economy and power that was they're claim to fame:hammerhead:

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, thank you EPA!

3. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like its time to keep the diesel you have and just rebuild em. Not to start a fight but the new 3/4 and 1 ton Chevy's took a hit below the belt on their looks too.

4. GG386

GG386 LawnSite Member

I know what you mean, the Ford's are butt ugly too. Super Duty embossed on the grill fascia, give me a break! I'm thinking my 07 F350 will be around for a LONG time to come, and it sure looks better than that 08 offering.