1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Chipping Bamboo

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Klaiber's Klearing LLC., Oct 10, 2019.

1. Klaiber's Klearing LLC.

Klaiber's Klearing LLC. LawnSite Member

Hi all, I tried to find a more appropriate place for this but it didn't seem to fit anywhere.

I run a one-man Lawn mowing/tree felling/snow removal business on the side and I recently bought a well-serviced asplundh chuck-and-duck chipper that runs amazing. I have been kept busy with tree work every weekend since I started advertising that service on Nextdoor but things have started to slow a bit so I've been looking for other work when I came across this bamboo chipping opportunity: https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/wan/d/wagontown-back-yard-cleaning-you-will/6990628785.html.

It is a ton of chipping that he wants done for $800 but everything is already cut and I'm walking away after I'm done so I don't have to worry about regrowth or controlling the bamboo. I've only been able to find one YouTube video of chipping bamboo with this sort of chipper so I'm wondering if any of you have done this before. I still have time to back out but $ is $!

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    Eric
    Owner - Klaiber's Klearing LLC.