1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Choice?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jhsmith4, Jul 21, 2007.

1. jhsmith4

jhsmith4 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

I'm down to decision to buy a Hustler Super Z, 25HP Kaw, but uncertain on which deck size. I priced both the 60 & 54, only a Ben Franklin seperates them. I mow mainly residential and I'm thinking 54. What do you other guys think? I need to act quickly since I have already sold my other mower. It was a Hustler Z 52/23. Thanks!

2. hossmp

hossmp LawnSite Member

I demoed, the Hustler Z with the 26 l.c. kawi and 60 inch deck. To be very honest that machine is very power hungry. I would say if you are set for the 25 h.p. engine you are going to like the smaller deck. Those pumps drain horsepower like I have never seen. The 60 inch super z is a great candidate in my personal opinion for one of the big block vanguards that are out there. You should demo a machine. You can always tell the dealer you sold you machine and you are going to buy the hustler and I am sure they will, if they are good, let you try them both if available to get a fell for the deck size. I havent seen many with the 54 inch deck though but it could just be my local dealer. Best of luck that machine seems like its built to a high level of quality when I looked it over.