1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Choke on Kawasaki 26 HP LC

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Happy Frog, May 8, 2008.

1. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

Like other users, I had to use the choke almost every time I started my 26 HP LC Kawasaki. Even when the engine was warmed up.
    I replaced the spark plugs by E3 (ref. E3.22) spark plugs and now the engine starts without using the choke 9 times out of 10. I just put the throttle in the middle and crank it for a second or two.
    I thought everyone should know...

2. Joedodge63

Joedodge63 LawnSite Member

Good information! My 26 HP LC Kawi has got to be one of the most cold blooded, temperamental engines I have ever owned! I have an 07 Bad Boy Lightning with a 60" deck.

3. Happy Frog

This seems to be true for all the LC Kawasaki. I was looking for the Autolite spark plugs when I came across the E3. They claim to be better than the fine wire technology used by Autolite and can increase power up to 12 %.
    I put one on my Honda HRX and it runs better as well.
    Kept going and put one in each of my Echo PAS-265. They don't start easier but I do feel they have more power and the "warm up" time has been reduced to just a few seconds.
    They also carry a lifetime warranty...

4. Joedodge63

Joedodge63 LawnSite Member

Gonna get me a set!

5. dbroken64

dbroken64 LawnSite Member

Bought me a set friday. Cut with my wildcat all day yesterday and had to choke the kawasaki every time I started it. Thanks anyway but did not seem to help my 26 Lc any.

6. Happy Frog

Sorry to hear that. On mine, I just set the throttle at mid range and wroom wroom...If it doesn't start right away, then I have to use the choke.