Choosing hustler super z hyper drive 37hp efi

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Marlan1111, May 17, 2018.

?

Is the hustler hydraulic deck lift quick enough to use

1. Yes deck lift is ok

2. No deck lift is not worth $700.00

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Marlan1111

Marlan1111 LawnSite Member

I was going to buy a badboy diesel. Those things are nice. But I didn't have dealer support or had I driven one. So finally I decided to get a demo . We have john deere , hustler, ferris , Husqvarna and Hustler. John Deere and Hustler as the best dealers.
    Anyway I never even considered hustler before the demo .. 72 in deck..
    I honestly could not believe how that thing cut . I kept going faster and it kept on mowing. You couldn't feel any bumps it has Flex forks and the nice seat. I mowed in wet it didn't even matter. It has instant response and yet does not peel out in the grass this mower has 1200 hours on it and is only 2 years old. Then I demoed the ferris
    IS 3200Z with 35 hp Kawasaki 72 inch cut. It was nice and the engine feels strong. But the hustler was much more comfortable and if I slowed down the hustler to the ferris speed it would even be more prevalent the difference in ride. Nothing wrong with the ferris very impressive but my advice would be to demo these mowers because there is a big difference. At this point I don't even want to try the John Deere as I cannot imagine it being better than that Hustler. I think the deck is really nice however our grass is not that thick this time of year. Just my opinion everyone says the cut is what matters the most and John Deere and Scag which I have never even seen one have the best cutting deck but the best cutting deck that I've seen is now a hustler VX4. I did not say that the Scag and John Deere do not provide a better cut I just cannot imagine a more comfortable ride than that Hustler is I'm getting mine with a striping kit and the electric deck lift. My question is is the electric deck lift fast enough to make a difference. Thank You

2. Choppin

Choppin LawnSite Senior Member

Man I’m trying to sell my Hustler HD with the 37 EFI, deck cuts bad and it’s way to heavy of a machine. They Hyperdrive is way over rated as far as production. I actually had to make turns slower with it because it was so heavy and would tear grass if not careful.

3. Choppin

Choppin LawnSite Senior Member

Looked over where you was looking at the 72 inch deck, mine is a 60 and dosnt cut very good.

4. 13Razorbackfan

13Razorbackfan LawnSite Silver Member

The new Wright ZK dually 72" stander mower looks pretty sweet. I've only seen youtube videos done by LCO's but the slopes it was used on no way I would take a sit down ztr on.

5. Marlan1111

I do have some slopes. But I don't think we will get a stander.

6. Marlan1111

You might be right as I could have mower fever. It feels lighter than that ferris does. I forgot the mention the ferris I tried out only had 74 hours on it and the hustler had 1186 but they both felt new. I wondered if the hyperdrive was better than those 5400 ?
    Also I really wanted a diesel and the badboy Perkins has 90 torque but is heavy too. That said hustler diesel doesn't compare to others in diesel as far as specs. I'm not experienced enough to give opinion on the hyperdrive but sometimes I just want to drive it around instead of my side by side. Anyway I'm the stuff I used in the past I'm sure is so inferior that this mower just seems so good to me and clearly better than the ferris. My best mower before this is a 12 ft. Bat wing made by CTL in Kansas . 1999 . It is bullet proof with a kobota 54 hp 4 cyclinder I believe. Must weigh about 4,000 pounds is what I would guess. 29 x12 tires. But I'm selling it now.
    Thanks for the reply . I think the electric deck raiser might be ok on this hustler. I'm getting lights and striping kit but holding off on the mulching kit for now as I haven't needed it yet

7. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

No way I can buy a SZ riding better than a Ferris. Even the most hardcore SZ guy on here admits that. Demo'ing in thin grass is not a good idea, and is a sure way to get let down bad when things change and you're in the thick stuff. The SZ may cut it fine, but the clipping size left behind will be a mess to deal with. There are a couple crews here running them for median mowing, and I am talking well maintained medians, not highway type stuff, and the crap they leave behind would never pass for lawn care purposes.

Choppin likes this.
  8. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i wouldn't buy a mower with 1200hrs on it. the engine could blow at any time and you will have to put $3000 more into it for a new engine.

9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Don't forget weeze, it's a Hustler, and they run forever and don't break down.;):laugh:

ShaneL. likes this.
  10. Marlan1111

Good point on the size of clippings. And the let down. I've already did the hand shake deal. It does have the Grammer seat. I also admit the ferris demo was not where I normally mow so it could have been rougher and frankly the grass could have been thicker. Thanks