This happened a couple of weeks ago, but haven't had the chance to jump on Lawn Site. I have a Beagle named Penny that rides around with us wile we mow. I usually tie her on a leash out side the truck in this heat. Well there's certain customers that allow me to let Penny off the leash and play with there dog. I actually look for forward to mowing these yards because Penny can run around and get exercise. So I just got done getting permission from the customer. I always ask before taking Penny off the leash. I fired up the blades and started my way around the front of the house, looking down at the left side of the cutting deck. As I came around the side of the house, the two dogs came out of no where on my right side. The customers dog ( a big chocolate lab) slid right into the mower with a big Boom!! I looked up and saw that the dogs right rear leg was chopped off. She was trying to stand but obviously couldn't. She was also bleeding bad ( Im sure you understand ) On top of that Penny was going berserk after seeing that. I almost had to pinch my self, becouse I couldnt beleve what had just happend. I shut off the mower and ran back to the house telling the customer what just happened. She gave me the key to her SUV and I backed it around the side of the house to the dog. Luckily she got the dog to the hospital in time. She could have bleed to death. Shes just going to be a 3 legged dog now. The customer later said it was an honest accident. Shes not going to sue me or anything. I'm going to give her her cuts for free for the rest of the year. She dosent know this yet. But Iv learned something important. No living thing that you care about is to be near the mower wile its running. You forget how dangerous these machines are until a freak accident happens. I was having a regular day until I chopped the dogs leg off. One of the things that bothers me is. The dog is a family dog that the kids would play with. Good luck trying to teach the dog to fetch a Frisbee now. I couldn't sleep for days, or get the thought out of my head. Be Careful everyone!!