1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Chopping weeds need price help ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassfarmer, Apr 30, 2003.

1. grassfarmer

grassfarmer LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I had a guy call me last night said he seen my ad in the paper for mowing and he asked me if I would have a chopper and would be able to chop ( bushoggin) his 2 ac lot that he is gonna build a house on. I said well i will have to come take a look. So I went over there this morning and looked at it. It really isnt that tall about 10 inches. So i think i am gonna use one of my tractors and 7 ft chopper. What would you guys charge for this. it is 2 ac. This place is only bout 4 miles from my shop so i think i will just drive the tractor down there and do it. tell me what you guys think is a reasonable rate for 2 ac of chopping. thanks in advance

2. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

$200.

3. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you kidding? That will take forever to get there.

On the otherhand I would charge $260

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Depending on what type of tractor you have the drive time should be nothing. Around here the going rate for bush hogging is $80-$100 per acre. Be careful when you are mowing on unfamiliar semi-tall grass.

Gravely_Man

5. Brieldo

Brieldo LawnSite Member

Take forever to go 4 miles with a tractor that'll do 20 miles per hour? What kind of math do they teach in Colorado...?

6. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone.

I thought it was a regular lawn tractor with a trail mower behind it. They teach that geometry and algebra stuff with the factors figured in. :p

7. grassfarmer

grassfarmer LawnSite Member
    from ohio

thanks for respone guys . I will prob use the tractor that is hooked up to it that I use to chop waterways on my farm. It is a Jd 2020 gas and a 1 year old MX7 john deere chopper. We have owned both since new. thanks