1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Christmas Cards

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TurfMan, Dec 12, 2000.

1. TurfMan

TurfMan LawnSite Member

Last week I sent to all of my customers a Xmas card, saying Happy Holidays Ect Ect. they started coming back today. customers sending me cards wishing the same greeting to me. today I recieved 8 in the mail. 7 of them had Tips in them from $5.00 to $30.00. Now I went to the local Dollar store and bought 4 packs of 32 cards with Envelopes. Printed them out through the data base and mailed them. Cost was
    Cards 4 Boxes @ $4.50 per box = $18.00
    Stamps 2 rolls @ $32.00 per Roll = $64.00
    Time??????????
    Total $82.00 (One Month Of 1 Customer)

Advantage. It really lets your customers know that you do care about them, And your not just the lawn guy.

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I have been doing this for years with like results. The only difference is all of mine are hand addressed.

3. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Same here!!

How did all of those cards get there with $0.32 cent stamps on them?? :)

4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I send cards but I bought a scanner, and some card company keeps sending me samples of cards with a landscaping theme. I scan the card, crop, edit, resize the card, and customize the back with my business name,etc. With this setup I am able to personalize the cards for each customer, it doesn`t take that much longer. The customers really get a kick out of the cards and can`t wait until the next holiday season to see what they will get. I use a good card paper and they come out really nice.

5. Dennis

Dennis LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

Turfman I only see one mistake!! ALWAYS buy cards AFTER the holidays they are much cheaper...I but several boxes for $1.00 ea. and put them up with the decorations..
    also hand sign them at least.

6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Aarrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

7. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

"Advantage. It really lets your customers know that you do care about them, And your not just the lawn guy."

Thats not really such a bad thing... ;)

8. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking about sending like $10 gift certificates to some of my better customers along with the x-mas card. what do you guys think?

9. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

I am sending each customer a card and a box of candy.

10. TurfMan

TurfMan LawnSite Member

Woopsssssssss I meant to say $33.00 Per roll.

Dennis, I had My wife hand sign them. She loves me for that.

Mow Money, that is a fantastic Idea, I think that I will do that Next year.