• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Christmas Greetings

DFW Area Landscaper

LawnSite Silver Member
I was just wondering if anyone ever brings their clients a christmas gift? Like a nice $30 gift or so?

One of my clients' husbands died earlier this summer. I had never met her husband, so I did nothing. She's still a customer.

Again, one of my clients' husbands died this fall. I knew the husband from our business relationship. I brought them a nice $10 ice cream pie and offered them my condolences. Now, she's having me do some extra work. Not sure if the pie had anything to do with it or not.

Anyway, I was just wondering what would happen if you gave each of your customers a nice $30 gift? Would it reduce the cancellations in the spring? Would it reduce customer churn? Would it be a waste of $30 per customer?

Anyone have experience with this?

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

Well i usually do a little job they need done for free around the holidays time and tell them happy holidays. I sent out cards this year also. My best client got a $180 mulch job done for free. I take care of my best clients well and i treat all others well too.