1. Trouble Finding PPE, Sanitizer, and Cleaning Supplies?

How can you get what you need for the safety of your crews? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Christmas Lighting

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by NewLeaf, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Also none of us ever said their where not lowballers out there. Just wait until one of these lowballers employee's or themselves go off the edge of a roof. Don't think it can happen keep dreaming. Look at that pitch on the house in your pic very dangerous to be up on in the cold or ice.

What will happen is 1 of 2 things. Lowballers employee goes of the roof. Employee now owns the company from lawsuit.

or lowballers themself goes off the roof and now owns customers home, plus can never walk without a limp again, plus can never get any new customers and will lose half of old ones. Because word got out and it was on the news how he sued his customer and took there house.

But hey who cares atleast they got a new house for doing nothing as they seem to think hanging lights is.

2. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

no way. They are building neighborhoods like this all over the place. Its from 140-180 max. Welcome to DFW

I would never send a "worker" on that house. I got up there myself and I ain't coming down without a ladder.

Plus it's 80 degress here or was yesterday and will be tomorrow. Dunn I don't know where you live but houses are that cheap here. A 3000sqft house here is 350k avg unless your in the wealthy areas closer to downtown.

3. Dunn's

We have some of the lowest house prices in the country for a major city. And they don't build 3,000k houses in poor areas. Maybe 3,000k for a two story, but not a 3,000k single story only the wealthy can afford that.

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

be carefull about pluging in to much to one outlet i had problems with the new houses not have enough places to plug in

5. hotrod1965

hotrod1965 LawnSite Senior Member

Make sure you figure out how many plugs you need during the estimate. You don't want phone calls related to breakers popping. Again, another thing that sets up apart from the low ballers....

I would also recommend a roofers harness. I think it's worth the $150 to get caught falling of a roof.... No one ever thinks it's going to happen to them....

6. TPnTX

thanks, there are two outlets on each side of the house located in the soffits.

I only climb valleys and ridges. You slide off anywhere else on that pitch. Again I ain't comming down without a ladder and I take no risks. My helper is on the ground or on a ladder. If he falls we already agreed that he's fired before he hits the ground. I will get a harness though. Not all houses will be this accessable.

Dunn I'm not sure what you mean.
    The house in the picture... it's not 3000sqft A. and B here is the builders website. www.georgewelchhomes.com so you might want to call and let him know want you think in terms of comparing Dallas suburbs to where ever...Missouri or something. Move on down everyone else is :)

7. TPnTX

oh wait Dunn now I see where you get confused. See you find a lot of 3000sqft single story houses around here. And relatively speaking they are not in the weathly districts.

When I say weathly here I mean the miles and miles of neighborhoods that are extremely wealthy. Countless areas of wealth that you can't even figure out what all these people do. It's really mind boggleing.

8. hotrod1965

hotrod1965 LawnSite Senior Member

I wish I could fine houses with outlets in the soffits!

9. TPnTX

Im not in a wealthy part of town and my house is 3000sqft...almost. I built it for 140,000 back in 2001.

my house.jpg

10. Dunn's

That is a $450 -600k home here. $450 for a home that is in an area that wasn't nice 20 years ago when the house was built but has now went to crap.