1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Christmas Lights questions

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by LawnMowerMan2003, Dec 6, 2014.

1. LawnMowerMan2003

LawnMowerMan2003 LawnSite Senior Member

OK, I"m already running out of time for this but I did my first job, for my family. Unfortunately, my phone is not able to take good pictures at night, so I can't show you. I think it looks good. :) But, it took me over 6 hours.

Maybe I will get faster, but the house had gables so I had to stand on an 8 foot step ladder for 3 gables; this was the slowest part. At one point, I was standing on the last step of the ladder (somewhat scary) to reach the highest point.

I strung about 200 feet of lights, but 40 feet were on a wall outside the porch, so those were done in less than 30 minutes. So let's say the majority of the work was 160 feet, of lights over 8 feet off the ground. Without pictures, what do you think I should have charged? If you want I will try to take pics, if I have to take them during the day, to help get an estimate.

It really wasn't that hard, just pretty slow. So my biggest fear is underbidding these jobs. :)

Sorry if this is in the wrong place; I was thinking of the marketing for Christmas lights.

2. hotrod1965

hotrod1965 LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on several things.

But for custom cut commercial led c9 you'd want to be in the $1200 to the $1600 range for the whole package (lights, install, warranty, removal and storage)
    Posted via Mobile Device