1. Site Upgrade Planned for Next Week!

LawnSite community,

As you know, we continually look for ways to enhance your experience on LawnSite and always try to make the site better, with more enhanced features and capabilities, and improved navigation so you can easily find the information that you’re looking for. So, the time has come for another software/site upgrade to a newer version of our platform. Once the upgrade is complete, we’re planning on making additional changes that will significantly improve upon your experience on LawnSite.

The upgrade is planned for early next week, with additional features being rolled out in the weeks and months ahead. As always, we welcome your feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Dismiss Notice

Christmas tree farmers?

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by zlandman, Dec 3, 2019.

1. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

My wife loves to go get a Christmas tree every year. We hiked the whole 35 acres and found the last perfectly shaped 9' Fraser. I saw it down and drag it back 3 - 4 miles uphill ;).

I saw while cutting it the poison ivy and removed before wife saw it because that would be a deal breaker.

We get it home and find more poison ivy I remove and she sees the invader but too late now.

Couple days later here I am with poison ivy all over my hands and face. ( I wore gloves and washed very thoroughly to no avail)

I know it's hard to trim around evergreens but are tree farms really knowingly peddling poisonous product to people?

Cam15 and hort101 like this.
  2. Mark Stark

Mark Stark LawnSite Fanatic

That's worse than coal in my stocking! :nono:

Cam15 and zlandman like this.
  3. rclawn

rclawn LawnSite Bronze Member

That happened around here and it came back on the owner. Some guys drove in and ran over all his trees, completely ruining everything

Cam15 and zlandman like this.
  4. Andrew H

Andrew H LawnSite Gold Member

Dad, did you bring the saw...
    EFE9E952-3332-4005-BD34-4669069B66B8.jpeg

5. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Fanatic

Lol that's the funniest thing I've heard in quite a while.

Crazy 4 grass and zlandman like this.
  6. fireball756

fireball756 LawnSite Senior Member

You can always take the tree back and ask for your money back

I surprised you didn’t pick the one with a wasp nest in it.

Christmas tree farms are known harbors of mayhem. Noxious weeds, insects, rodents, snakes, wild animals. Not to mention tripping hazards like tree stumps and hills and holes. And the ultimate vice is handing tree saws to humans without a OSHA approved training class. I think hot chocolate in the warming shed is a cess pool of E. coli. Bah Humbug, next year take the wife to Disney World

7. fireball756

You can always take the tree back and ask for your money back

I surprised you didn’t pick the one with a wasp nest in it.

Christmas tree farms are known harbors of mayhem. Noxious weeds, insects, rodents, snakes, wild animals. Not to mention tripping hazards like tree stumps and hills and holes. And the ultimate vice is handing tree saws to humans without a OSHA approved training class. I think hot chocolate in the warming shed is a cess pool of E. coli. Bah Humbug, next year tak

Cam15 likes this.
  8. fireball756

Next year take your wife to Disney world

Cam15 and MowDaddy like this.
  9. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Fanatic

Not deliberately. But **** happens.

Reminds me of a story of working at a local family-owned U-cut Xmas Tree Farm back in the early 90's.
    Irate customer called in complaining that the tree he bought from us had bugs in it! :angry:
    Owner says "sorry, anythings possible." "Feel free to come back and get another tree Free of charge." Which he does.
    Same guy calls back yet again; "This tree has bugs in it too!" "I'm gonna sue you!"

This situation bacically ended, with the tree-farm owner telling the guy that he would be a good candidate for an artificial tree!

Cam15, MowDaddy, zlandman and 2 others like this.
  10. MILLC

MILLC LawnSite Member

Cam15 and RussellB like this.