1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Christmas Trees

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by APV's Mowing, Oct 14, 2007.

1. APV's Mowing

APV's Mowing LawnSite Member

How many of you do x-mas tree pick-up's and disposal, how much do you charge if you do, and how much money do you think is in it...how would u go about it- 1. Comming in and taking it down with nothing on it, then hauling away, 2. just taking from curb ect., any responses would be welcome...just thinking of ways to make a couple bucks during the winter

2. Hansen Lawns

Hansen Lawns LawnSite Member

That is a very good idea, although around here a tree is $50+ bucks and I don't see people paying more than that to have it delivered... maybe removed but not more than 10-15 bucks... Plus finding the tree & cutting it down is most of the fun!!

3. APV's Mowing

no i was more talking about just strictly delivery and pick-up...i dont have any trees or anythin...im only 17 so i dont really have all that much just a pickup

4. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never done this, but I would say that if you have just a pickup, there probably enough money in it to make it worth while. I know around here a lot of the local towns allow you to bring it to a place like the DPW or fire station for a $10 discount that goes to the fire or police guys. If you do decide to do it, I would do strictly curbside pickup. You don't want to have to deal with going in someone's house and risking breaking something. That would get ugly really fast. Just a few things to think about. Like I said, I have never even thought about this.

5. APV's Mowing

thank you for your input and i guess i didnt really think about the breaking stuff part...good idea im stayin out haha

6. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I just know that if I was doing it I would break a ton of things. I could see the lawsuits coming.