Lawn Care Forum banner

Cigars

11K views 60 replies 27 participants last post by  JLSLLC 
#1 ·
How many guys smoke cigars while riding mowers?

#5 ·
i will on my larger lawns while listening to my tunes.

#9 ·
no smoking of any kind for me. I imagine you guys that do must know your customers pretty well because I know some people who would blow a gasket if you were smoking while doing work for them.

No flame intended, but I have always wondered why you guys who smoke continue to even though you know the dangers?

#12 ·
Only in the truck and garage. Punch, Brttanica and Hoyo de Monterey Obscuro.

#15 ·
I realize it is a case of "to each his own", but I simply cannot imagine how anyone puts the words "cigar" and "enjoy" in the same sentence! To me, they are absolutely obnoxious. I can smell cigar smoke even if I'm driving down the highway and someone in the traffic ahead is puffing on one. :)

#16 ·
No flame intended, but I have always wondered why you guys who smoke continue to even though you know the dangers?
I smoke a cigar maybe once a month at most (mainly because of cost), I'm not worried about the dangers. You're going to die somehow might as well enjoy the time you have, besides shoveling cheeseburgers, fries, and sodas down your throat is just as bad for you.
Posted via Mobile Device

#17 ·
Have any of your customers ever complained? I won't let my help smoke on the job. He started chewing. I think it looks unprofessional. Not that chewing looks any better.
I dip, but I keep a spit cup with me. I'd never spit all over someone else's property.
Posted via Mobile Device

#18 ·
usually while enjoying a beer after work, while working on equipment, or going on trips to get new equipment :waving: i am not smart enough to be able to work and smoke cigars

#20 ·
#22 ·
I tried one of the Acid cigars many moons ago. Can't remember what flavor, but it was pretty foul. Might have to try another one.
theyre definitely not the best but i rather smoke them instead of swishers or black and milds

#23 ·
Arturo Fuente's are nice also punches

#24 ·
Monte cristos for this guy one box a year is what I do. Usually when I'm planning a big project makes me feel like the A-team.
Posted via Mobile Device

#25 ·
Monte cristos for this guy one box a year is what I do. Usually when I'm planning a big project makes me feel like the A-team.
Posted via Mobile Device
Nice!!! I get everyone in the family to smoke one at the get togethers.

#26 ·
theyre definitely not the best but i rather smoke them instead of swishers or black and milds
I'd rather smoke dried-out grape vines than them nasty Swishers. lol
Black & Milds are tolerable on a rare occasion, but it's gotta be the regular/original flavor. I tried their apple flavored cigarillos once and about gagged on it. Frickin horrible!

As I stated earlier in the thread, I'm not big on cigars really, but I do try some here and there as a "sampler". The tobacco I smoke in my pipes is manufactured primarily for cigars, so it's better for me to try different flavors with a cigar rather than buying a small pouch of pipe tobacco. Nothing worse than buying a pouch of that stuff, and then realizing quickly that the flavor is less than desirable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.