Remove top 6-8 inches of material.
Install 6-8 inches of quality top soil.
Grade
Install irrigation
Seed

·
Registered
18,851 Posts
Yep. What do they say? ......... Pay once, cry once?

As most of us know, nothing in proper lawn care renovation comes quickly. It's a process.
Funny you say that. I was thinking that as I typed my last post, but opted to not type it for whatever reason.

Agreed- Buy once, cry once.

·
Registered
18,851 Posts
You missed it. Buy once is completely renovating the lawn and crying when you cut that check.

Vs endless attempts at leveling which won't ever really address the lack of topsoil.

·
Registered
18,851 Posts
Wow....sorry I don't have unlimited funding to completely remove and replace the sod in my yard. Easy to say it should have been done right in the first place, so tell me how many home builders actually do it right, because NONE of the builders here in north Georgia seem to give an iota about the lawn. As a matter of fact the lawns, concrete and drainage are specifically excluded in the home warranty. If you saw what they do when they build, you would know that the lawn ends up the way it is, totally out of the home buyer's control. Of course, you can't tolerate anyone that may question doing it all your way, when all I ask for is advice that may help remedy the situation in a non-destructive way. If there is not a way to help the situation without replacing the lawn, just say it. Glad you can convince your clients yours is the only solution, I just hope you aren't as sarcastic with them in person as you are here. Ask me a question about Video some time and I'll see if I can be as sarcastic as you are. I appreciate the people that tried to help, I don't appreciate being mocked by people that don't care about helping.
Whoa hold on there. I never mocked you. I merely made a suggestion. An expensive suggestion yes, a valid suggestion also yes.

I stated- to each their own. Certainly do what you feel is best.

More importantly what you need to understand is that this is social media. You are new here. The rest of us aren't. The rest of us come here to socialize and kick back and joke around as well as sharing information of interest. Please don't take banter between other members to mean anything, other than just fun spirited banter because that's what it is.

I apologize if I upset you, that was never my intent. I wish you well in your lawn improvement endeavors, whatever they end up being.

·
Registered
18,851 Posts
The rant was NOT directed at you, sorry. I appreciate the information and most likely will follow your advice, the point I was trying to make is no one appreciates being belittled for a lack of knowlege or ability. I know this forum is for people seeking knowlege, or maybe fun for a group of professionals, but it shouldn't get sarcastic as I've seen in many threads here. I am a community leader on another forum, and we never get sarcastic with people, it just isn't called for. Have your fun, just remember you may not be dealing with your peers.
I can't know your budget, or what you are willing /not willing to do without asking can I? Should I have assumed you wouldn't be interested in a complete renovation and never suggested it? Should I have assumed you wouldn't be interested in spending more on a renovation? I can't know your intent or your budget.

There are hundreds of inquiries similar to yours on this site every year. Everyone is different and has different comfort levels and budgets. When I realized you were upset did I not immediately switch gears and apologize?

There is another thread currently going on this site where money literally is no object to the client. Its not like I suggested something completely wrong or insane.

As I stated before, the intent never was to belittle mock or insult you. I apologize if it came off that way.

Take care

1 - 10 of 10 Posts