Lawn Care Forum banner

class is in session

21K views 154 replies 23 participants last post by  ICT Bill 
#1 ·
ok so we have a farm, no scratch that a class room, oh, um class grounds, maybe thats the word we wanted. Its nothing special just some flood prone land that has the worst soil in the world, its sandy with clay base and some rocks and lots of shells, its not flat and not hilly, it has 5 distinct zones to it. A tree farm that has palms and natives. A flat no till farm plot. 2 plots of rice patty( I hope it gets that dry).we plan on using it for wild rice, yucca, taro, and some large wet lands palms that do well to be under water. the 5 and largest part of the farm is a spot that the 18 foot alligator keeps his harem corralled in, we just don't go over there.the tree farm is also going to double as a sod farm and test plot( god I want to grow grass from seed!!). we will also have the algae and water treatment area on this plot. the part just next to it is going to be a food plot, not really a farm for sale( although we have it sold already.LOLOL)but more of an experiment on a grand scale, can a 1 acre garden support the needs of 25 people? that what we plan on finding out, we have seen it done, but just want to drive the point home in color pictures! the 2 one acre patty's are going to be the hardest to work and the best yielding plots! we are planing to raise some rice and lots of other great things in this snot like mud that is almost 2 acres. the last and fifth plot is old Ali gator's home. Ali is not a friend of man or beast only a very aggressive and mean unevoled eating machine that has shook out an existence for a really long time, he will live happily until i get a permit to cap his a$$!!! don't cry about it he has fathered almost 300 others that are just waiting to take his place, its just he is large to the point that he can easily kill some one!!! 18 feet of rage!!!

that's it for now, oh some pics..........

See less See more
#3 ·
do I hear some new alligator skin chaps coming into the picture soon? Maybe a coat as well?

I dare you to go wrestle with it... pull a Happy Gilmore on it, or a Crocodile Hunter... I hear is you hold the tip of its mouth shut it isn't strong enough to open it... make sure you have a video camera with you when you try it... :laugh:

#4 ·
LOLOL, ok so here hold my beer there happy gilmore, and the video, I need my good hand free to smack him up side his mug. we are actually going to have to fish for him, like with a line and hook, after you get him landed then you can use a bang stick, but no "just roll on him and bust a cap". they don't want stinking alligator corpse floating around. so you have to hook it and haul it.

#5 ·
ok so on the agenda for the farm today, plant some palms, crimp cut the no till field (rodale style roller). and put some tea out there, after that, we are going to put the garlic in and call it a day. more pics as they come, fun stuff

#7 ·
Ali is not a friend of man or beast only a very aggressive and mean unevoled eating machine that has shook out an existence for a really long time, he will live happily until i get a permit to cap his a$$!!! don't cry about it he has fathered almost 300 others that are just waiting to take his place, its just he is large to the point that he can easily kill some one!!! 18 feet of rage!!!
Boooooo .... soap box time.

That gator has more right to be there than you! It has called that place home for how long? Why is it every time "man" wants to take over nature, it ends up being ... kill everything they don't like or want.

Learn to co-exist with the angry mofo or find another place for your "school"!

#14 ·
ok we did the fence thing already! its like a truck and walks into the fence to get at the tractor and mowers, the other 35 in the group are starting to suffer, and this dominate male is missing an arm and a leg. right front and left rear. the FWD will not issue any permits and has had a real issue getting rid of this one gator, and its not a wild land its arm core of jerks land all dug up and mis used. we are trying to let the population live on our land, and the big guy wants a solo, there is also some other concerns about his having an alligator VD of sort(does not hurt the meat), take out the chems that the rim-ditch are is no longer using on my behalf and the other things(bat houses, turtle rescue, cattle ban for the rim community, and many other steps to help the ecology) not to mention that we have hired a Miccosukee elder to officiate the "ceremony" and assist in the proper slaughter of the alligator. and there will be researchers at the BBQ to study the guts and so on. so don't cry about displacing nature and all the bs, I want a steak from his arse near his tail.

the other 35 - 40 others out there are not into chasing tractors or flipping boats. so what I ate 1 , that will give the others a chance to grow, or should I tell every one I was wrong and get the cows back???

Kiril send me an address and we can ship him to ya?? you pay the freight and get the permits?? of course.or some steaks if ya want.LOLOL

#16 ·
what if someone from out of state just happened to come down and just happened to be carrying a gun that just happened to go off and just happened to kill the gator? And then just happen to head back home with hopefully no trace? Any days when there is noone around that this might just happen to take place?

#17 ·
what if someone from out of state just happened to come down and just happened to be carrying a gun that just happened to go off and just happened to kill the gator? And then just happen to head back home with hopefully no trace? Any days when there is noone around that this might just happen to take place?
the state guy is the one who helped me set this all up.

also yes we do swim in the waters, most of the time they are not a problem, the state guy thinks this one got feed and is in the mode that human=food.the water snakes are the real worry but we all grew up here its just a thing, like snow to you, it just happens, and snow kills more that one old Ali

also 2 kinds of garlic and some new palms. 300 each

#18 ·
Treegal,

Do you know something about growing wild rice? I thought it only grew further north.
in the grand scope of things ,NO , we have inlisted some help, and a reading and surfing the net, so far its just grass and you eat the seeds and it grows all over the world with lots of water and rich soil......... yes thats all I have for now......

Tim have you any info? do I have my anterior installed in my posterior?

#21 ·
I know nothing of growing rice. Just interested. I love wild rice. I have some tomato seeds I harvested here but you probably have lots down there. I've got 'giant poppy' seeds but they are not for food unless you use the seeds.

I've never had gator. It doesn't taste like chicken does it?

#22 ·
I know nothing of growing rice. Just interested. I love wild rice. I have some tomato seeds I harvested here but you probably have lots down there. I've got 'giant poppy' seeds but they are not for food unless you use the seeds.

I've never had gator. It doesn't taste like chicken does it?
not at all, its a whole different meat like fishxpork, and that's not even that close. my Spanish speaking crew ask me day one, ???Arroz??? so I take it they want to grow rice?? they won't do any thing without money and food.LOLOL

#23 ·
ive spent a lot of time in fl in my life bass fishing and vacations

alligator tastes like tree said chicken x pork with a hint of shrimp/lobster

18 footer huh? thats a big one biggest ive seen wild was 14/15 and it got close to a boot i was in, in a canal and i nearly sh@t my pants it was so big, lake George, no bass their either do to the chem's they use for lakeweeds, some big a@# gar though

#24 ·
So culling the herd of one old animal to help the rest of the herd live better is a good thing!?!?!

Taking out a rogue elephant or lion in Kenya that feeds a village and boosts the economy for the Park Service to prevent poaching is also a good thing.

Hunting is a necessary part of any natural system. Whether by man or cat.
Good for you, tg. :)

We have one variety of wild rice that grows along the Mississippi that the native Americans used to harvest. Rice for your climate may have to come from the Orient.

#25 ·
Hunting is a necessary part of any natural system. Whether by man or cat.
Unless the hunter is spending more money to go hunting than if he bought a similar amount of meat at the butcher's.

I have nothing against hunting for meat or killing a local animal that has gone nuts or is in pain. But I hate, with a passion these stupid bastards who go out for a wilderness sporting adventure. They end up in my back yard and we have to clean up their messes and mistakes. I've made friends with a few bears who got shot by these idiots, just so they could say they shot a bear. They throw the meat away. What I'd like is open season on sport hunters. Now that's a tag I'd buy.

People actually hunt morning doves. Can you imagine? Why not sparrows?

Rice for your climate may have to come from the Orient.
Or California.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.