1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

cleaning leaves with my meg mo's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Oct 28, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

excellent, that's all i can say. most properties don't require a catcher,cus the meg mo's turn the leaves to dust. those that do require a catcher, disposal is reduced to half a barrel, where it normally was 4 full barrels! these blades are the best thing that ever happened to me(in terms of equipment) . i used to dread leaves, now, i laugh at them

2. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

I just got mine in the mail today. How are they with grass?I am trying to reduce my clipping size.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I love my Meg-mos too!!!!!!!

John

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Former Moderator

How is this billed? As a partial leaf cleanup, or just billed as a cut?

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Im hearing alot of good things on meg - mo blades im thinking of putting a set in my budget for the 2005 season

6. affprop

affprop LawnSite Member

Where is the best place to order meg-mos? also can I put a set on a walker?

7. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Aren't you worried about the mess in the spring time you will have to dethatch? also, leaves that compact like that on a yard will leave you with dead patches.

8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Former Moderator

http://www.meg-mo.com/

9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

dethatch? dead patches? chevy the clippings don't cause "thatch". and there are no "compact" spots. the leaves are ground up so tiny, they decompose in a fraction of the time they usually would. a good rain and you can't even see them at all. oh, and you, moderator, for your information, it is grasscutting + leaf cleanup. till nov. 1st, then they have a flat price for fall cleanup, and i have the option, do it in several "mini" cleanups, or wait till the end and do it all at once. IT'S UP TO ME. cus i am in charge!

10. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

yeah you are in charge all right...only business in America where the customer is always wrong! haha

well actually grinding too many leaves will cause a layer of thatch that will increase the breeding ground for mold. How many years have you used these? what is spring like for you?

J&R likes this.