Cleaning Second Floor Siding

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by OneManLandscaping, Apr 3, 2019.

1. OneManLandscaping

OneManLandscaping LawnSite Member

Hey all,

I wanted to ask the best way to power wash the second floor of my house's vinyl siding? Should I use an extension wand, a particular nozzle that allows to reach the second floor siding or a ladder?

Secondarily, how do apply a siding cleaner to the second story as well, before I power wash off?

Thanks in advance.

Keith

2. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Fanatic

I always washed houses from a ladder, but fell one time. They now claim u can buy pressure washer tips that takes the need away of climbing a ladder. Hopefully someone chimes in but a Google search might be quicker.

3. OP
    OP
    OneManLandscaping

Thanks Greencuts...BTW, how do you like your Bradley Mower? I just picked up the same model you have in the pic this past fall and so far so good. I do have an issue with the right drive wheel occasionally when going up hills or turning.

4. OP
    OP
    OneManLandscaping

Any other ideas guys?

5. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah mines fine but I do have a similar problem with gills
    I have similar problem on hills, nothing major. Havent pinpointed problem yet. Was hoping transmission belt needed tightening. I dont take on too many pita hills anyway.

6. hal

hal LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Georgia

Buy a 2nd story washer tip. I got mine on Amazon. Downstream a bleach and soap solution (wet EVERYTHING first (plants included)) Let it sit for a few minutes and wash it off. Look at softwash videos on youtube to get some ideas. What psi unit are you using and how many gpm's?

Greencuts518 likes this.
  7. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I don't wash for hire but my own house I use a telescoping nozzle with shoulder harness. It will go about 23 to 25 ft. Brace my legs and move slow. Prewash with house wash in a hose end bottle mine reaches 2nd story no problem doesn't yours!??

Washing from a ladder is unreasonably dangerous IMO. Doing it professionally I'd have a manlift.