Cleaning up after power company

Discussion in 'Tree Climbing, Pruning, Felling' started by FishandSon, Jan 13, 2015.

1. FishandSon

FishandSon LawnSite Member
    Male, from Delaware

So here is the story (there always is one).. The local contractor that maintains power lines in the area was doing trimming on this guys trees. They were mostly pines and they were shaving off an entire side of the tree. He asked them to top all 8 trees and cut all of the branches off of the bottom 15 feet and he would take care of the rest.

Since it's January and there is nothing better for me to do I figured I would post some pictures and see what you guys thought about bidding this job. It's fairly straight forward as far as tree removals go. All of the branches need to be chipped, or removed. The remaining trees that are about 15 feet high need to be cut down and removed also. The remaining trees are about the roundness of telephone poles. Maybe 1 or 2 is about 2 feet around.

Looking for:
    What type of equipment would you use
    How many people you would have on the job
    How long you think it would take
    Ultimately, your price.

After I get some input I'll say what my thoughts on it would be. I actually do want the job. Its been a slow few weeks and would love the work.

9 trees.JPG

street veiw of 9 trees.JPG

2. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

You would need a crew of at least 3. All experienced with saws and chippers. At least one who can climb and has experience climbing. Also one that knows about running lines for rigging trees/branches. You will need a chipper, chip truck, 2-3 saws, lines for rigging trees, pole saw.

3. OP
    OP
    FishandSon

Male, from Delaware

Curious your reasoning for needing a climber? The trunks are only 15 feet tall they can all be dropped in the yard. None of them are within falling range of any lines.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. OP
    OP
    FishandSon

Male, from Delaware

Don't take this the wrong way, but did you see the pictures? The branches are already on the ground there isn't any roping involved.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. OP
    OP
    FishandSon

Male, from Delaware

Don't take this the wrong way, but did you see the pictures? The branches are already on the ground there isn't any roping involved aside from guiding the trunks down after they're notched.

Edit: I accidentally double clicked post from my phone and the post went up twice.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  6. Vecchio Lawn Care

No I could see the pictures on my phone. If they are easy falls you could either chip them or cut to lifting size and take to dump.

7. OP
    OP
    FishandSon

Male, from Delaware

Have you ever taken a tree down? You're coming across like you think you know how to take one down but don't know how to.. Or maybe you are assuming that since I posted about it I don't have the knowledge, equipment, or experience to get the job done.

Why didn't you answer the 4 questions I asked?

I know I can fell the trees and take them to the dump.. lol

8. Vecchio Lawn Care

I answered 2 of your 4 questions. I couldn't answer the other 2 because I could not view the pictures. Yes I work part time for a tree company in the winter and know plenty about trees. I'm sure if I saw the pictures I could answer the other questions.

9. Vecchio Lawn Care

And yes I figured that since you posted this you were unexperienced. Which I now realize I was wrong to assume.

10. OP
    OP
    FishandSon

Male, from Delaware

No hard feelings brother. Just trying to get some ideas. Check out the pictures when you get to a computer and let me know what you think