1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Climate change effects on the green industry?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by KUMA01, Oct 7, 2019.

?

Do you believe in climate change

1. Hoax

50.0%
  2. Yes

25.0%
  3. Potentially it could be a problem

25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Mammals make decisions all the time
    Certain mammals are harder to train due to them being more “stubborn” (Ie free thinking)

Don’t think that humans are the only ones that can make decisions
    https://www.barnsanctuary.org/animal-welfare/farm-animals-sentient/

2. KerbDMK

KerbDMK LawnSite Bronze Member

I didn't see anything in that animal rights blog that said that cows or other animals are making reasoned decisions.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  3. Mumblingboutmowers

Mumblingboutmowers LawnSite Senior Member

You must not hunt. I haven't hunted in a long time but I can recall that animals do make reasoned decisions. They know what "danger" is and they make an effort to avoid it.

4. Mumblingboutmowers

I am not sure what your beliefs are but petroleum is energy from the sun. Here is an article that may help you understand what I said.

https://www.energycentral.com/c/iu/coal-crude-oil-and-natural-gas-are-really-forms-sun-energy

5. TPendagast

Male

Then re read it
    It specifically states exactly that.
    It’s one of the main reasons vegans object to eating animals in the first place ..... tasty , delicious animals

6. TPendagast

Male

Again
    This is toe bone connected to the neck bone theory
    If it was solar energy
    Then a) it would just as “clean” and b) there would be no other kind of energy other than solar energy, using that logic.
    So you can stop while you’re not ahead.

7. Mumblingboutmowers

I don't understand why one individual can't be "conservative" on some issues and "liberal" on others.

This is what bothers me about the two party system. On either side you MUST believe and agree to the entire doctrine of your political party and if you don't you are labeled "the other side".

So I guess since I am pro-gun liberals would say I am a rightwing extremist. And since I believe that humans are contributing to global warming, conservatives will call be a leftwing extremist.

8. KerbDMK

No, it doesn't and if you really want to learn about animal psychology, I would suggest you extend your resources beyond animal rights blogs.

I'm no expert on animal psychology, but you can continue to pretend to be if you want. I'd love to hear all about it.

9. KerbDMK

I'd also love to hear all of what you think is wrong with the article he linked to. Have at it.

10. MowDaddy

MowDaddy LawnSite Fanatic

I did not mention (political) party's.
    I also did not mention (liberals).

Study the differences of say....
    Leftists vs Liberal.
    Huge difference.
    Or Conservative vs Libertarian.

I agree partys should be done away with. It should be on merits. Not.
    What party your swinging with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.