1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Climbing, Pruning, Felling

Discussion in 'Tree Climbing, Pruning, Felling' started by Guest, Aug 8, 2008.

1. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

Go to trade shows, read mags, read books, ask questions here. You are not on your own. There are a lot of places to get information, techniques, and ideas. Are you going to the big show in boston begining of feb?? Spend a little money and go, watch the climbing demos, and all. Go to TCIA. Go to the ISA conferance in Providence RI, in July. The International compition will be there at that time, GREAT place to learn. Go to the NE ISA chapter's TCC. Most competitors are willing to share their secrets (not really secrets, but sometimes really cool stuff). Tricks, gagets and all kinds of things to help out. All are available, you just have to reach out and go for it. You are not, by far, alone.

2. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

We go to the penn-del symposium each year. I think there is lots of info there. They set up a tree inside for climbing demos. This year will be advaced climbing and aeral rescue. Also the trade show is great. Get to talk to all the guys in the industry and see what they are using and doing. Its great.

3. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

No the state has nothing to do with the symposium. Our local ISA chapter puts it all on. Its a great thing. If you are interested the Morris arboritum is offering a Advanced Climbing and Rigging class. It is going to be taught by a 2 time world champion and I think a 7 time NJ champion. Its all the way over here in PA, but I went last year and it was great. I am actualy thinking about going again this year. Class is $350 for two days. If anyone is interested I can provide contact info and dates.

4. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

5. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

please post it so the rest of us can see it

6. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

I dont no what wood your going through but the machine and the money I would go with the Stihl MS 460...

I know guys who still run there 020 and I use 066 that get beat up every day still work great.

Sorry no take on the Solo havent run it so I don't want to knock it.

7. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

I would like to Thank everyone too.

Confidence if key, but its a balance on a double edged sword if you go too far you can become careless.

Highclimber, are you out on your own or do you work for another tree care company
    ?

8. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

That is a great way of looking at things. Never really thought of it from that point of view. Great way to look at it.

Is there that much info at the show? I have haven't been able to go because of schooling over the years but the Western ISA Chapter this year in Reno, NV. Only 4 hours away. I am hoping to make it.

Great info.

9. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

Thank you for the dates.

I am going to try ands ave up and go to the ISA show I might be able to make those dates.

10. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

I would love the see the advanced climbing and aerial rescue. Really feel that is one very important aspect of tree care that I lack in. I have read about watched videos work with guys who know it, thank god havent had to implement it, but would like too see it or practice in person.

Is it ran through the state of Penn?