1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

clipper king

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by shawnlawn, Mar 10, 2010.

1. shawnlawn

shawnlawn LawnSite Member
    from iowa

What company makes the clipper king trailer. I was reading walker talk last night and I saw the trailer but when I google it the only thing that shows up is about RVs. Can anyone help please.

2. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

i saw that too that would be perfect for landscape cleanups also

3. shawnlawn

from iowa

Who makes it?Or who likes one like it?

4. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.debrissystems.com/index.html Those trailers are nice the one in the magazine will run you about $17,000. I know someone will say thats a typo, but it's not. I priced out a 20' last year with I cant remember I think it had 15' equipment area with the ruberized floor coating. This was just an open trailer, not an enclosed trailer. Just the basic trailer and it was right at $20,000.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  5. shawnlawn

from iowa

$20,000. Thats a lot of money for a trailer. Thanks for the web site a mowing company by me was looking for the site too. You have to mow alot of lawns for that monet at $20.00 bucks a pop. I guess scooping by hand isn't to bad.

6. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

Im curious about the rubber floor coating, Is it something you would spray or brush on, or is it actually a sheet of material, like flooring? That would be great for any open trailer.

7. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

The way i understood it, it was like a sheet of material. I have seen like mats that are used in horse stalls that are like 4x8 by 1/2 or 3/4" thick its a hard ruberised material, but it is very expensive one sheet was like $75. Anyway I figured as soon as you all herd how much those trailers were you might change your mind about loading stuff by hand. I know i sure did.

8. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

to load by hand or drop 20 grand? ill load by hand anyday

9. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

For 20 large, that trailer better come with a robot that does all the work for me!!!

10. dwc

dwc LawnSite Senior Member

I have a debris system.....it's almost like having a robot! The floor in mine is like regular trailer floor boards but they are made out of recycled plastic I think.