1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Clips software program

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mid Rivers, Jul 28, 2000.

1. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

CLIP has probably saved me (yes, saved) $1,000 in the last year. I use CLIP lite. It is limited to a 50 cutomer database, but it was only about $200. I know a lot of people who use Quickbooks. It's an awesome ACCOUNTING application. But, it does not schedule, route, or tell you if you're making money. CLIP does all these. How did it save me money? I used a manual system before, and would forget to cut sometimes, and forget to bill other times. Either way, you don't get paid. As far as being hard to use, it's not. If you can find your butt with each hand, or get to this site, you can use CLIP. I can't say whether it's better than Lawn Monkey or others, but it's worth the money to buy a program. One question for those who don't do this on a computer: How do you keep track of the time you spend at a job, the money you make from a job, and the income projections for next year?

2. dhicks

dhicks Member

As promised, I installed CLIPS today, tried it and then deleted the program. As for me, I like software that is intuitive out of the box. I could not do much with CLIPS other than browse the sample records. It looks like a powerful program. But was hard for me to use and get the hang of what it can do without RTFM (Reading The Fudging Manual).<p>LawnMonkey and QuickBooks out of the box were easy to use without RTFM: add customers, service billing, form letters, etc. I did like CLIPS Estimator Form Letter!<p>If anyone would like to try the CLIPS demo, (First Come First Served: I only have one copy) send me an email and I'll rush the Clips Demo Disk to you.<br><p>----------<br>--Disneyland on the Potomac - ICQ [icq]31223414[/icq]<br>www.go-emerald.com

3. Ed Bartz

Ed Bartz LawnSite Member

I've been a Clip user for 5 years. Looked at lots of other programs before deciding on Clip. There's lots of good programs available but the company makes the difference for me. You don't know what expensive software is until you get out into the real word (not lawn mowing) and see the stuff out there for $5-7,000. Clip monitors many aspects of your business that will NOT be looked at by any Quickbooks version. If you're trying to save money don't do it here. This program will make you far more efficient and profitable.

4. TurfMan

TurfMan LawnSite Member

Type in LawnMonkey.com it is that easy, tell them that TurfMan sent ya.<p>----------<br>Dave<br>3B's Lawn Care Service