Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason I'm still alive to write this . Today my 60 inch mower was missing out on a lawn we use it on , so I parked it , grabbed a 70 inch off the trailer , made a swath behind this tree , swung arround and saw this !
I was in shock, this place has had 3 rotten trees fall this year , so I took some pictures of some dead tree tops and I'm demanding the removal pronto !
Also all my customers will get this picture and explaniation of the dangers of falling tree tops . And I'm gonna demand they get them removed !
Home owner is a Lawyer , great customer , has agreeed to fix , or replace my mower !
Will be in church on Sun .

Motor vehicle Plant Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
791 Posts
More than lucky, If that happened to me at any of my accounts the owner would have told me where to go If I asked them to repair it. Did he offer to fix or did you have to ask?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Last year i had the same thing almost happen to me.

Was mowing along the edge of the woods on a windy day and had a branch almost land on me.

Decided that it wasn't worth getting killed for, and loaded up and came back the next day.

Started up where i had left off & in the field near where i had been mowing found a 8" tree snapped off and laying on the ground. If it had landed on me it woud've killed me for sure.

Dan

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Lucky you weren't on the machine.

Not for nothing. That would never happen to me or my men. We MANAGE THE LANDSCAPE.

NOTHING is ever left dead on a property. If we do it we bill them. If we refer a friend of mine the tree biz, they still get billed. Always informed before hand.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Isn't it amazing that there was nothing else in the area to hit except for your Chopper.
Glad you are OK, give clorox a try to clean the stain out of your underwear.

BTW, that stick would have bounced off of a Lazer or a Super Z.;)

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
yeah--from the looks of things it seems like that dixie is made outta plastic!

or maybe they dont take a licking and keep on ticking!

deftinately not ram tough!

heck! scrubbing bubbles is tougher than a dixie chopper!

WOAH!!! I am just kidding...! no I didn't mean it!

lawn t--do the church thing. it simply wasn't your day to get conked on the head! be thankful! heads are harder to fix than mowers.

GEO

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok. That is freaky!

Im glad to hear that the customer is willing to pay for the fix. Things might change when he sees the bill though. I dont think that mower will ever cut straight again.

This brings up a good topic. Who's fault is it??? Obviously the tree should have been cut but does that really make the homeowner liable? Most likely not if it went to court, but I am not sure.

This is why we need business insurance.

Jimbo

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Originally posted by GLAN
Lucky you weren't on the machine.

Not for nothing. That would never happen to me or my men. We MANAGE THE LANDSCAPE.

Sorry mate, but what a "Load of [email protected]" Sh1t happens, and for it to hit the mower out of the other 355+ deg His numbers coming up!
He should just think him self lucky he wasnt under it. Thats All!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.