• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Clover

1stclasslawns

LawnSite Senior Member
Clover is a legume and legumes make their own nitrogen, too much nitrogen in the soil and it cant live.. so ... fertilize!<br>The answers above are correct but if you dont want to use herbicides heres you another one.

ChrisYanik

LawnSite Member
2,4-D????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lazer

LawnSite Bronze Member
Evan,<br>We use Momentum as our regular herbicide. Confront with a strong % of 2,4-D. Seems to give us the best of all worlds. Singzed a little turf spot spraying 2 years ago, but not bad. We'll be using again this season.<p>Chris,<br>I've found 2,4-D far less effective on clover than it is on other weeds.

GroundKprs

LawnSite Bronze Member
Lots of choices. Depends on the grass you're treating and the other weeds you need to control with the application.<br>- Just 2,4-D will generally require 2 appl within 2 wks for complete clover control, but does many other weeds.<br>- If it's just clover, Confront is best choice; have a cust so allergic to bees, she always carries bee kit. But since she loves to work in yard, we use Confront. She really doesn't care too much about other weeds.<br>- Lesco Momentum, Riverdale Millenium or Cool Power will give good broad spectrum control, clover and most other weeds.<br>- Even new Drive 75 is labelled for clover.<p>----------<br>Jim<br>North central Indiana

MWHC

LawnSite Senior Member
I usually blend the 2-4D and the Tryclopyr. The 2-4d has real poor results with clover. Dicamba will kill clover also but it has soil mobility. If there are trees or bushes in close proximity, I wouldn't use dicamba.