Clutches

Scag48

LawnSite Fanatic
Well, since I'm getting my backpack tommorow I would like to know one thing about the clutch. I'm buying a Stihl, not the Echo, found out the one I wanted wasn't worth it. Anyway, there was a post about running at full throttle becuase of clutch wear. I don't know if they were talking about Shindaiwa equipment or all manufactuers but I would like to know about these clutches. Wouldn't backpack blowers not have a clutch because when you start them they are automaticaly blowing air? I'm confusing myself. Please help!:eek:

pete

LawnSite Member
I dont think you are makeing a mistake with the stihl ( i assume BR 400). They are light and powerfull, more so than any other blower ive run. As for the clutches, Echo 2601 trimmers have had problems with clutches. I have 2 of them but i havent had a problem. My freind has about 20 of them and he has replace a few of them. I think it was more of a problem in the early models which was exaserbated when guys would take the guards off of them. I have never heard of clutch problems with blowers, as far as i know they dont have one. I havent been reading posts for a while so i hope i helped somewhat Good luck with the sthil.

Eric ELM

Husband, Father, Friend, Angel
No clutch in backpack blowers.

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
Scag 48,They were talking aboutstring trimmers when they weretalking about the clutches.

Guido

LawnSite Silver Member
Sorry, no clutch's on BP Blowers. Not that I ever saw. Like runner said I think you misunderstood and heard about the trimmers. I remember a conversation about that on here a few weeks ago.