Coil?

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a hustler mini z with the 19 kawi. The other day I lost power under laod. It will idle fine but and load in bogs bad. I put in new plugs, fuel & air filter and pulled the carb disassembled in cleaned still the same issue. So with it running I pulled the plug wires. Inboard one came off motor died, outbard one came off no change. I'm think coil. Can anyone confrim for me?

Restrorob

LawnSite Fanatic
Yep, That be a bad coil....

piston slapper

LawnSite Platinum Member
I would check spark on the side that you think isnt firing. If you have spark, then do a compression and leakdown test.

Coil isnt the only reason for a Kawasaki to run on 1 cylinder.
Bad coil....(could be a valve or piston problem).....Bad coil.....:walking:

OP
B

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
Well I didnt have a chance to check for spark yesterday but I decided to roll the dice and go with coil. Now if the dealer would ever have something in stock oh well. Hopefully its the coil cheaper and eaiser than something internal. (cross fingers)

OP
B

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
well I gues I'll update this. Wasn't the coil check compression 150 on one side and 2 psi on the other. While looking at it I found where the previous owner had jb welded the rocker cover back together and an inch hole. Into the dealer this morning they pulled the cover and the rocker arm is broke. So they are going to pull the head and see if any damage has been done inside.