Cold tar info

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by joeE, Nov 5, 2018.

1. joeE

joeE LawnSite Senior Member

I've been using ct for 20yrs. I put down 200 gal of safer sealer the end of this season so haven't been able to see the longevity factor, yet. I thought it was very nice to work with n am sold on that part. I also think ots a very good idea to use safer everywhere. For me, it's about $ 900. More per tanker . I can live with that.
    Manufactures say it last 90% of what ct does. But everything else I read says it lasts 1 to 2 yrs. If we take snowplowing out of the mix, my ct lasts 5 to 6 yrs. ( on drives) That's long way from 90%. Wondering if anyone with experience would care to shed some lite on this subject. Any new info would b helpful.
    Thank u.

2. OP
    OP
    joeE

joeE LawnSite Senior Member

Ok thanks for all the help from the guys with experience. So I called some other coasters, and the general consensus seems to be that the safe sealer lasts about %65 of cold tar MY manufacture had a new n improved safer called XL. That will last longer, how much remains to be seen.
    I am just a tad apprehensive about switching to ss in an area that's use to the longevity of ct.
    And if I was starting a business with ss, I would push the safer factor hard, and downplay the lower longevity factor as a spinoff for a safer world. That should be discussed up front, b4 any sealer hits the asphalt. But that's just my opinion.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

hort101 likes this.
  3. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

MERRY CHRISTMAS JOE:waving::drinkup: