1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Collection Agency?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by agrostis palustris, Aug 4, 2002.

  1. agrostis palustris

    agrostis palustris Banned
    Messages: 117

    Does anyone here use a collection service to get monies owed? I had a customer who left the country a while ago owing my company approximatley $4,000.00 Can anyone recommend an agency that will get me my money, or at least part of it? I know the country the people are in, and the company that the husband works for.
  2. I used collection agencies in the past w/o good results.

    For 4,000 I would look at small claims-dont know what you rules are in ny but here we sue in county where work was done, and can have them served at last known address.
    You know where they work so maybe you can attach their wages after winning in court.

    Do they still own property? Maybe a mechanics lien? Or a judgement lien after court.
  3. agrostis palustris

    agrostis palustris Banned
    Messages: 117

    Property is sold already. So a lien is not possible. They live in another hemisphere at this time. Small claims court is only good up to $2,000
  4. Got Grass?

    Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 363


    ADLAWNCUTTERS LawnSite Member
    Messages: 191

    sorry sounds like you are sol .chances are even if you win a jugement you will never see any money.i know it stinks i've been burned before.good luck
  6. BigJim

    BigJim LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 382

    Yep,if they skipped countries kiss it goodbye,if they owe you $4000 your probably in line with a lot of other people:cry:

Share This Page