Lawn Care Forum banner
401 - 420 of 556 Posts
Whoops...guess I was wrong on the amount of ice.

Point being, it didn't thaw.

And Greenland was warmer. Grapes in England and all that stuff.

More inconvenient facts.

The glaciers retreated because it warmed up. It isn't complicated.

Anyways, some will think of me as a flat-earther. I believe the earth is only 6,000-10,000 years old.

I just like to use common sense and the alleged history of climate change against those that believe man can do anything to the earth's climate. According to them...it HAS been warmer and it HAS been colder...all without man doing anything.

Yes, climate change is real. Man-centered climate change is a fallacy.

Sure, I remember when coffee was a possible carcinogen.
Coffee

Beer

Sugar

Blue M&Ms

In Kalifornia, everything causes cancer...just look at the stickers on everything that might be sold in Kalifornia.

yeah, pages 7 and 8 cover submerged vegetation(ie milfoil)

However, reading the early pages for all the concerns for applying near water applied to OTHER applications gives great concern. . .

"OH, gee, I have to stop from getting my hand-pump spray closer than X feet from the shore; be sure there is no WIND. . . end of the world! But, dumping 200 gallons in the lake full concentrate, no problem as long as no public intake nearby! Local residential wells, nah, they can be there, DUMP IT!"
Most problems with pesticide applications to surface water are because of the adjuvants/surfactants that are in pesticides. Roundup is not to be applied to surface water but Rodeo is. Do you know what Rodeo is? It's gly without the surfactant.

Surfactants can cause critter die offs and algal blooms because it breaks down surface tension.

The real question is. Where does Milf oil come from in the first place?
But on a serious note. DDT was banned back in the 70s because they claimed bald eagle eggs were becoming thinner and more baby eagles were not hatching.
But on the human side, DDT has saved more lives than all other drugs and chemicals combined.
It basically wiped out malaria, typhoid fever, dengue fever, saving millions of lives every year.
Especially in the tropics and 3rd world countries. But it was banned because of eagle eggs.
We had DDT drip feeders into the exhaust of our push mower's as a kid. About once a month as we mowed the lawn and fogged DDT at the same time. I'm 60 and still on the green side of dirt.
Wish I could find the link to an article about DDT. The gist of it was the whole eggshell thinning thing was never actually proven. And a lot of other good info.

Not sure if this has been discussed, and I realize the problem with "forever chemicals" too but... Monsanto did develop a chemical that allows for cost-efficient farming, specifically Round Up allows farmers to grow one more crop during the growing season because it allows them to kill off the previous crop faster than allowing it to simply wither after it has been harvested.

This, to make a long story short, directly affects prices at the grocery store because of supply and demand. Growing an extra crop during the growing season better supplies the demand.

Personally, Round Up would not exist if it were not for the consumer's demands for cheaper foods. So really, is it Monsanto's fault for giving humanity what they asked for?

Oh but humanity wanted it without the side effects...
Yes, except nothing, absolutely nothing on this earth comes absolutely free and clear.
Life simply does not work that way, everything comes at a cost.

So sue Bayer, sue Monsanto, and what happens?
They raise the price of the product to pay for the lawsuit, that is what happens.
Now farmers have to pay 4x what they used to pay, or not use it.
And that means higher prices at the grocery store.

Therefore...
These lawsuits just literally sentenced millions of people to death or homelessness, because they can't afford food. That is what is going to happen, we will save this planet by killing off large swaths of population while Glyphosate either continues to exist and being used or the price of food will go ever higher, my opinion.
Well, I see I won't get an answer...but another crop? Where? For the majority of the country where corn, wheat, beans are grown the season only allows for one crop.

What a load of crap.

And it's human's fault for wanting to eat?

Sure..whatever

• Haha
Reactions: hal
They want to force the farmers to buy there round up ready plants
They're patented plants

Similar how Deere doesn't want farmers to work on their own equipment
Deere just agreed to release the code so farmers can work on their equipment.

Fluoride is not actually good for your teeth. It does not allow your teeth to remineralize.

Well water is the only way to fly.
And that chlorine...Shirley that can't be harmful to one's health.

Actually, I was referring to climate change. Many members here deny that human activities are a factor in it.
Mainly because science has yet to prove man can effect the climate.

And all that climate change that occurred before man allegedly started influencing it.

That's good news👍👍
I guess the farmers had enough pull or paid up through lobbyist etc
More like the farmers were starting to drop JD and go to other brands, not to mention more than a few suits filed over it against them. Plus, the internet is a big place with a big microphone............. JD was smart enough to read the writing on the wall and let go of their ego over this one.

This one is....the world that was, was millions? Billions? Who knows.....

They actually agreed to do it without legislation.
As I said maybe the farmers had enough pull meaning market share or buying power etc
Payoffs don't always have to equal legislation
It's all smoke and mirrors
It's a big club and we aren't in it.
Sorry to burst anyone bubble

Reactions: Mark Oomkes
401 - 420 of 556 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.