Lawn Care Forum banner
421 - 440 of 480 Posts

· Registered
28,916 Posts
Have at it
I don't know why some people refuse to accept that people have negative effects on the environment

Some seem to have no problem chitting in their own fish bowl and swimming in it
I'll quote myself to save the typing

· Registered
8,789 Posts
Can I quote you on that? (y)
I agree 100%. Human activity in the last 200 years has transformed the surface, oceans and the atmosphere of our planet.
This has produced short term benefits with long term draw backs.

· Registered
28,916 Posts
Can I quote you on that? (y)
I agree 100%. Human activity in the last 200 years has transformed the surface, oceans and the atmosphere of our planet.
It's obvious if you add too many goldfish to the bowl the water slowly gets more murky

The fish doesn't notice as it happens slowly

Then one day you can't see your goldfish thru the poop😵‍💫
It's like everyone on here can't see that things are going bad outside of their local area usually rural

· Registered
23,643 Posts
Can I quote you on that? 

So why has it been warmer...much warmer, in the past?

Reactions: Ridin' Green

· Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Human activity in the last 200 years has transformed the surface, oceans and the atmosphere of our planet.
Will add to the list of Man pondering the scope of his abilities & observations:

How old is the oldest written record of anything...sans drawings on a wall?

Long ago a valley flooded - and the short-sighted inhabitants simply imagined the same flood must have happened everywhere simultaneously.

How long ago would it have been safe to eat catfish out of the Mississippi River as a means of long term survival?
Anyone here dare to try this now? Write down how you feel about it while doing so long term.

Our power grids cut down on local pollution w/in our communities when taken in contrast to all dwellings everywhere being operated by gas-powered Honda generators to run the entire home. Which would pollute more: power grids or billions of generators running 24/7/365?

Now, TRY not to get bent out of shape reading any of this.

· Registered
20,100 Posts
Will add to the list of Man pondering the scope of his abilities & observations:

How old is the oldest written record of anything...sans drawings on a wall?

Long ago a valley flooded - and the short-sighted inhabitants simply imagined the same flood must have happened everywhere simultaneously.

How long ago would it have been safe to eat catfish out of the Mississippi River as a means of long term survival?
Anyone here dare to try this now? Write down how you feel about it while doing so long term.

Our power grids cut down on local pollution w/in our communities when taken in contrast to all dwellings everywhere being operated by gas-powered Honda generators to run the entire home. Which would pollute more: power grids or billions of generators running 24/7/365?

Now, TRY not to get bent out of shape reading any of this.
Where exactly do many dwellings use generators 24/7? Most off grid people would not do this.

· Registered
4,365 Posts
runoff into streams rivers and lakes carries pollutants. It has an effect on the fish. Whether or not the fish are going to kill you is debatable. I've mostly switched to salt water only unless I can nab a trout from a rocky mountain stream. Agreed that it truly depends on where the fish are, but this type of contaminated run off is human caused.

· Registered
23,643 Posts
I've been staying out of this one for the most part, but that fish story...............not buying it. Just more propaganda to get people to comply with the green movements agenda to destroy this country and remake it in the design they have long wished for.
Eat crickets and grasshoppers and fake meat!!!

Real meat is bad!!!!!!!!

421 - 440 of 480 Posts