Lawn Care Forum banner
441 - 460 of 480 Posts

· Registered
8,789 Posts
Well, I'm wondering how this discussion has evolved from it's beginnings.
I’ve been landscaping since I was 15 and have since had two rounds of thyroid cancer (one reoccurrence). Scientifically glyphosate has been strongly linked to thyroid cancer but has not been proven successfully in a court room. If you look at thyroid cancer data individuals in the landscaping industry are trending (I’ll post source when i locate it). These chemicals have affected me personally and I know what they are doing to our environment.

An idea I had when I was going through cancer was to build the largest company in the area (which I have since achieved) in order to achieve leverage and start telling a narrative to our large commercial maintenance accounts that we are switching to organic products. Educating these accounts that your grass isn’t going to be emerald green for a few seasons until the root microbiome of your lawn changes. Being the biggest in town with no one else in town able to handle servicing the account they’d have little choice and then maybe the standards would change.

I love this industry, I love plants, I love seeing peoples faces light up with an install transformation but I am starting to despise the environmental impacts between excessive water usage/chemicals/ pollution and I’m starting to question my ethics of profiting from it. I feel like we should be at the front lines safeguarding the environment.

Let’s hear your ideas on how we can start changing our industries dependence on environmentally damaging chemicals…?

· Registered
10,609 Posts
You're new here. Welcome! What you are saying is blasphemy on Lawnsite. I hope you have thick skin. :)
I’m 50. As a youngin I remember playing with friends in a cove that was just around the corner from me. Their backyards were absolutely full and I mean completely full of dog sheet. We played back there with our shoes off so we wouldn’t get it on our shoes. I can only wonder how many organic microbes loved getting into my system… ringworm maybe?

· Registered
10,609 Posts
I bought impossible meat for fajitas. “Steak” slices if you will. No one ate them. Wife took one bite said he’ll no. Kids dang near threw up. I attempted to eat what was left of the meat and I just about threw up, the consistency was if I was eating layer upon layer of fatty tissue and the taste was ****ing awful. Just saying.

· Registered
10,609 Posts
I’m actually going to answer the op question. We kill roughly 7 billion people. Problem solved. I really don’t care how they die but they must in order to have your organic way. Science actually backs me up like a champ on this one inconvenience of a truth.

· Registered
25,271 Posts
Interestingly I bought some impossible burgers and served them alongside real meat burgers. What was left over were the real meat ones. Texture was a bit different but the impossible burgers tasted better.
Not buying that line either. I can promise you I"D know the difference if I ever ate that garbage.

Burger King lost a ton of money trying to pedal "impossible meat". They don't sell it now. Seems a LOT of folks knew the difference, and it wasn't in favor of fake meat.

· Registered
1,936 Posts
I bought impossible meat for fajitas. “Steak” slices if you will. No one ate them. Wife took one bite said he’ll no. Kids dang near threw up. I attempted to eat what was left of the meat and I just about threw up, the consistency was if I was eating layer upon layer of fatty tissue and the taste was ****ing awful. Just saying.
When did you do this? Best I can tell impossible foods hasn't released their steak product yet. It is in development but not listed on their website. If you found some please say where you got it. I'd be interested in trying it.

· Registered
1,936 Posts
Not buying that line either. I can promise you I"D know the difference if I ever ate that garbage.

Burger King lost a ton of money trying to pedal "impossible meat". They don't sell it now. Seems a LOT of folks knew the difference, and it wasn't in favor of fake meat.
Is this the one they don't sell? It is available at every wilmington nc location.
Ingredient Recipe Bun Cuisine Staple food

· Registered
1,803 Posts
impossible meat = dog food for humans.

Who's asking for it? Who wants it? Who stands to profit from it?

If vegans and vegetarians hate meat so much why do they want fake meat in large enough numbers to justify it's existence?
If your ok with and like eating real meat (which is certainly healthier than fake meat) then why would you choose to eat fake meat?

follow the money trail.

· Registered
25,271 Posts
@windflower

Not anywhere around here it isn't. They couldn't move them at all. It was on the news, and all over the radio etc around here. They talked quite a bit about how it was being dropped from their menu due to no customer interest. You sure that isn't just an old online ad left over? have you actually tried to buy one at any of those locations?

· Registered
25,271 Posts
impossible meat = dog food for humans.

Who's asking for it? Who wants it? Who stands to profit from it?

If vegans and vegetarians hate meat so much why do they want fake meat in large enough numbers to justify it's existence?
If your ok with and like eating real meat (which is certainly healthier than fake meat) then why would you choose to eat fake meat?

follow the money trail.
Right? Makes ya wonder how many years it will be before they start telling us how fake meat causes caner or some other side affect just like the covid shots.

· Registered
1,936 Posts
@windflower

Not anywhere around here it isn't. They couldn't move them at all. It was on the news, and all over the radio etc around here. They talked quite a bit about how it was being dropped from their menu due to no customer interest. You sure that isn't just an old online ad left over? have you actually tried to buy one at any of those locations?
Will a listing for today be sufficient?
https://www.milehighonthecheap.com/whopper-deal-special-burger-king-wednesday/

· Registered
1,936 Posts
@windflower

Don't know where you are in Michigan but it is available in Grand Rapids at this location.
Food Recipe Font Ingredient Staple food

441 - 460 of 480 Posts