Lawn Care Forum banner
461 - 480 of 480 Posts

· Registered
23,643 Posts
Interestingly I bought some impossible burgers and served them alongside real meat burgers. What was left over were the real meat ones. Texture was a bit different but the impossible burgers tasted better.
Heck, years ago before I was married my future wife bought turkey "burger". I just about puked...had to gag it down. Not sure I even finished it.

Reactions: Ridin' Green

· Registered
23,643 Posts
impossible meat = dog food for humans.

Who's asking for it? Who wants it? Who stands to profit from it?

If vegans and vegetarians hate meat so much why do they want fake meat in large enough numbers to justify it's existence?
If your ok with and like eating real meat (which is certainly healthier than fake meat) then why would you choose to eat fake meat?

follow the money trail.
I love my dog too much to feed it fake meat.

· Registered
23,643 Posts
Don't know where you are in Michigan but it is available in Grand Rapids at this location. View attachment 532136
I stopped going to BK when they started using special wrappers or whatever it was for the not normal crowd.

Actually, it was long before that. I have Wendy's about once every 3-4 years and Chik-fil-A a few times a year. Other than that, I don't eat fast/fake food.

· Registered
8,052 Posts
Yea man. What’s up with special wrappers ? I wouldn’t eat anything with a special wrapper, no way. They cheating out on wrapper material to wrap the thing cause they think it will reduce waste. Dumb. That’s for the weird crowd. You know who I’m talking about; Biden likes those wrappers man.

give me big azz wrappers and I might come back

· Registered
4,365 Posts
Change is so hard. I'll eat me a soy burger every once in awhile, or a black bean burger. Delicious. I also enjoy a nice juicy all beef burger off the grill.

Far as fast food "meat" goes. It's not hard for a fast food place to make burgers out of whatever they heck they chose without notice. Is a McDonalds burger even beef anyway? Have you ever looked at it and compared it to the one you pulled off the grill? Aside from the "change" factor and the all beef marketing scheme, and the customer base that requires it.....they could easily pull one over with a veggie burger and it'd probably be better than the supposed "beef" burger.

Man will destroy the planet. It's what we have been doing since the beginning. Notice the exponential growth in just a short amount of time inhabiting the planet. Whether or not God is in control is all faith based. Has any other living thing on the planet ever had such a drastic effect in such a short amount of time?

· Registered
12,869 Posts
Wish I could find the link to an article about DDT. The gist of it was the whole eggshell thinning thing was never actually proven. And a lot of other good info.

· Registered
23,643 Posts
So I had this thought during the night.

For all those folks that want to eat fake meat (i.e. mass produced processed food).

We know (some of us do) that processed foods and a sedentary lifestyle are the biggest health issues Murcans face right now.

Why in the name of all that is good and holy do you want to INCREASE the amount of processed food you take in? The good Lord gave us real meat that has all sorts of good stuff in it for our bodies, that coupled with getting off our asses is very healthy and good for us.

You make no sense.

· Registered
8,789 Posts

For all those folks that want to eat fake meat (i.e. mass produced processed food).

We know (some of us do) that processed foods and a sedentary lifestyle are the biggest health issues Murcans face right now.

Why in the name of all that is good and holy do you want to INCREASE the amount of processed food you take in? The good Lord gave us real meat that has all sorts of good stuff in it for our bodies, that coupled with getting off our asses is very healthy and good for us.

You make no sense.
I certainly agree with this. In the beginning, our ancestors hunted and ate free ranging game that feed on natural foods. Now the animals we eat are feed synthetic crap including antibiotics, keep in cages or stalls. Our vegetables are grown using chemicals.

· Registered
1,936 Posts

You make no sense.
Nutritionally the two are similar though impossible foods fortifies their product with nutrients for vegetarians and vegans. There is concern about all the processing. I don't think it can be any worse than all the antibiotics and bacteria that ends up in meat. I've had about 3 hamburgers in the last 2 years so I really couldn't care less. I tried them and liked them better than beef.

· Registered
23,643 Posts
I certainly agree with this. In the beginning, our ancestors hunted and ate free ranging game that feed on natural foods. Now the animals we eat are feed synthetic crap including antibiotics, keep in cages or stalls. Our vegetables are grown using chemicals.
I realize the analogy isn't perfect, but fresh meat and veggies have to be better than formulated and processed foods.

· Registered
12,869 Posts
So, I had this thought during the night.
You make no sense.
Pesticides and "pink slime"....

461 - 480 of 480 Posts