• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Comm. vs. resi.

I'm looking to bis a few Banks. Simple systems. 5 and 6 zones 6 to 7 heads per zone. In the past when i've done bids I would bid this with commercial pricing. But now on my own I'm thinking of pricing it more like a residential. Simply because getting a rep or with this property mgr could bring a ton of work in the future. How do you guys handle this type of situation ?

Overhead + Profit = Cost

Price it however YOU want to make money.

I agree, pricing work for the promise or premise of future work is a real quick way to get burned.
You also set an extremely dangerous precedent by lowballing in order to get work as once the word gets out you are cheap then raising prices becomes difficult.
Pretty much you get the "why did you charge me this when that guy got that" kind of ridiculous bullcrap.
Price it the way it should be to meet the needs of your business model and let your professional name and reputation be the selling point and not the cheap price.

SoCalLandscapeMgmt

LawnSite Silver Member
Simply because getting a rep or with this property mgr could bring a ton of work in the future. How do you guys handle this type of situation ?
Unless you have a signed contract in your hand for multiple properties then you need to bid the job you're looking at for what you need to bid it at to make money. I've been burned bad long long ago (when I was still young, stupid and knew any better) by bidding maintenance and installs with the thought or promise that it could lead to more work.