Lawn Care Forum banner

Comments about scag ztr stripe kits

761 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  FromUndaChz 
#1 ·
I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to add the Scag Striping Kit to my '16 Cheetah, and I'm wondering what those of you who have one/know someone who has one, think about them. If you actually have one, would you do it again?

It already stripes pretty good. I also kind of feel like MOST of my customers couldn't care less about stripes (seems like it's just me lol). Is there a HUGE difference after using one? I cut with one on a demo unit one day, but honestly can't remember.

Also, what about durability? I know you have to manually drop/raise it. If I forgot one day to raise it and drove up on the trailer, am I going to wreck something? What about turning on pavement?

I think if it was $100 I'd have one for sure. But it's $500.

Thanks for any and all responses

PS (for those of you who checked out my "almost flipped my cheetah" thread) would it erase my "body print" after getting squished into the ground when actually flip the machine lololololol)

#3 ·
We have them for all our mowers but we don't use them.. For one, the mowers stripe great if the deck is set up properly. Two, most customers really don't care about the stripes and I've had a few who hate the stripes. I like stripes and I'm totally happy with the way mine turn out without a striping kit in the way. Three, it's just more to go wrong. I'm not sure how often they cause trouble because ours are sitting behind the garage collecting rust but I know the more you have attached to the mower, the more will go wrong. Four, you can probably purchase a used one for much cheaper since I'm sure a lot of guys have them laying around like ours are. At least that way if you don't like it you can sell it for what you paid. I'd also imagine if you used it on a wet day that you'd just mash the grass into the mud and make it look like hell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.