1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial Accounts 10 years ago

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TYLAWN, Mar 3, 2004.

1. TYLAWN

TYLAWN LawnSite Member

Are commercial accounts actually still at the same prices as they were 10 years ago? Are they even less?

2. Tyner Lawn Service

Tyner Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

There are a few commercial companies that pay well but for the most part no! When I started in 83 the apts I lived in at the time which were nice then and still now paid $250 per time. I paid $310 for my apt. I moved in '89. Last year in a small world deal they were looking for bids and guess what? It would take a bid under $300 to get it. 5.4 acres. I ask them what the unit I lived in rented for now and they said $550!!! Hope that helps you.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Many of the commercials I did 15-20 years ago, go for about the same amount now, as they did then. It's a sad state of affairs. Apartments are the worst. You can take care of those for 5-6 years, and they'll sell you out in a New York minute for 20 bucks a month.

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Yep,look to loss leader pricing on mowing for the answer to that question.

5. Turfcutters Plus

Turfcutters Plus LawnSite Senior Member

I try to avoid commercial.I'll take one if it comes my way,if pay is good but i like my tight residential route.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.No bordom,time flys.Guys give their work away around herefor commercial.