1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial acc'ts got screwed

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, May 30, 2008.

1. pesticide

pesticide LawnSite Member

volume... tgcl is the walmart of lawn care. pays a little money, gets a little bit of service.

not to single out a specific company, cough cough... ahem... their techs are judged by revenue they bring in each day. not square footage or number of stops. give a tech a handful of $29 dollar invoices--- a ten hour day still wont make quota. i dont care if youve got an IV line of crystal meth into your arm... you cant do 30+ houses a day and do it right. the big company emplyoee i talk to now and again on jobsites told me he has to hit 1200 every day, rain, shine, snow, flood, no exceptions, just to have a saturday off. 1200 worth of 30 dollar applications, u do the math.

good for me though, customers finally get fed up and call me.

2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I always say that I will never need a salesman as long as TG is out here.

They are definitly my best salepeople! :laugh:

3. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

here in ny a lot of the bid companies do noy use liquid and their lawns are covered w weeds, green and high with all that fert but a lot of weeds.

4. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

That's b/c that particular company went all granular when they came out with the 48 hour notification law. They S_U_C_K and I am glad for it b/c they do a heck of a lot of advertising and get a bunch of work for the rest of us.