1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial Bid Help

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by SONSCAPES, Aug 9, 2006.

1. SONSCAPES

SONSCAPES LawnSite Member

I Have A Big Job I'm Bidding On. One Of The Mega Stores With It's Own Strip Mall. When I Usually Bid I Double The Shrubs And Trees But This Is My Biggest To Date. My ? Is This Job For An Example Has 103 Red Sunset Maples 2" Caliper I Get Them For $75.00 Per Tree Is It Feasible To Charge $150.00 Per Tree It Comes Up To Almost 16 Grand Just For The Maples Should I Continue With The Doubling Material On A Job This Size. Next ? How Much Straw Will I Need To Cover 28 Acres Of Seeded Land And How Do You Figure It For Future Reference Thanks!

2. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Commercial landscaping gets very expensive i would stay with that price. I hydro seed now i do not use straw. It depends on where your at straw of course is a insulation and here in Md. weather it is straw or 70-30 blend for hydro seeder you need 1 ton per acre.
    Mike

3. start2finish

start2finish LawnSite Senior Member

depends on the size of the bales, but 75 per acres is a starting point

4. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

Make sure that you look at the plans very carefully. Look at the specifications even more carefully.