1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DAN NELSON, Jan 24, 2001.

1. DAN NELSON

DAN NELSON LawnSite Member

I am just starting outin the business and what I need to know is this. I have 5 commercial accounts lined up for this year so far but should I have a binding contract (on paper)
    or go with a verbal agreement? My better judgement tells me to go with a written contract. Is there anyone out there that would have an example that they could e-mail me?

2. Turfclippings

Turfclippings LawnSite Member

Definitly written contract for all commercial accounts. I wouldnt touch a property unless it was on paper. Residential prefer written out but I have a few that i pick up on a stop while we were doing the neighbors and we talked with that customer on verbal price. In six years i have had only on problem with getting paid, and that account is filed with the local courts pending outcome still. i am suprised the commercial guys u talked to havenot asked for a bid on paper. What happens if that guy leaves next week, your screwed, no written contract.

3. plymouthvaliant73

plymouthvaliant73 LawnSite Member