Commercial Holiday Decor

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by austxlandscape, Oct 17, 2014.

1. austxlandscape

austxlandscape LawnSite Member

Hey all,

Anyone out there do any Commercial Holiday Decor?

Looking for some insight into how you may calculate labor costs and overhead. Hourly fees that might be standard, etc..

A local mall has submitted a Request For Proposal from us, and I am just curious how you guys go about charging for labor on this scale. We do a local University holiday lighting, just wrapping trucks with string light, and nets and webs for the shrubs - but the mall is looking for a lot more. I have experience with the process of set up, I have just never had to deal with the billing side :)

All insight is appreciated!
    Thanks!

2. hotrod1965

hotrod1965 LawnSite Senior Member

I would think your labor cost would be the same per hour no matter what size the job. You know how much your overhead is (insurance, phone, website, building, truck, gas, marketing) Add that up and divide it by the number of working hours in a season (I use 340 hours). Then, add that number to the hour rate you pay your guys. This equals your cost of labor. I would think a real good number here would be $50 per hour, but most likely around $65 per hour. So you are going to want to charge at least $130 per hour for a two man crew.