1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

commercial mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JTS lawn care, Jan 3, 2003.

1. JTS lawn care

JTS lawn care LawnSite Member

i was wondering how do you go about getting commercial accounts set up for mowing.

2. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Go around or call local businesses, and ask if they are taking bids for 2003. I have found that the best way to do it.

3. JTS lawn care

JTS lawn care LawnSite Member

how would you go about making a price for a commercial account for mowing.

4. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Click on SEARCH, type in "commercial accounts" as your key words. Then click commercial lawn care and thread titles only in the search options box. Good luck

5. E-man

E-man LawnSite Member
    from PA

I keep my per man hour rate the same for commercial and residential. I cant see giving a lower price just to get a nice commercial account. You need to figure out what you need to make per man hour (while staying competitive) and then apply it to your bid. hope this helps a little

6. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I actually price my commercial accts higher for the mere fact they tend to be very slow payers.

7. E-man

E-man LawnSite Member
    from PA

Lawns and Mowers

Thats a good point most are really slow payers, and if you call they give you a whole speech about how it has to go from their office to the corporate office across the country and then to the accounting department and so on.

anyways how I have been doing it has worked well for the most part. I have never missed a monthly payment yet. It seems that the big (national) companys are the really slow payers. This being my experience:)