• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

commercial prices

OP
G

greenback

LawnSite Member
thats what insurance is for. not a very busy center, most of the grass is away from the shops. the property manager knows they over paid and the landscapers did not do sh!t

Green Care

LawnSite Senior Member
Just my 2cent if they paid the other company 38 and they didn't do a good job,your price should stay the same but do a dam good job.

I wouldn't take a big cut like that,remember you out too make money.

workaholic

LawnSite Senior Member
Originally posted by greenback
i came up with 60 an hour just from experience doing bushes. i had a couple customers just have me do the bushes then let them know how much it was going to be. most of the jobs were taking about 3-4 hours so i broke it down to 60 dollars an hour. they were happy with the prices. commercial i do not have experience with. trash pick up is not a problem, pretty clean area. i know the property well, lived next to it for a while, the gym i go to is in there also. also this contract is mantainence only, not a winter contract, beds are an extra charge (will quote them when needed). Mowing will be 4-5 hours, trim/blow 1 hour(2 people working). i was thinking about $30,000, march-october. that includes fert, bushes, mowing. i know you do not know how big it is, but just by my time estimates, low or high $. i believe they spent 38,000 last year.
You came up with $60 an hour just from experence doing bushes, you should concider your self a lucky man doing work for people then telling them the price afterwards.

OP
G

greenback

LawnSite Member
thats what happens when you got good customers and have been dealing with them for many years. if you come off as trustworthy ans honest then your customers will like you. if your a scumbag and do not do good work then you do not get that kind of treatment.

workaholic

LawnSite Senior Member
Im lost on this one, You need to tell us what size the propertys are how many fert.&pest apps. mulching? annuals,perennials? trimming what type of shurbs, is pruning invovoled, edgeing beds?theres just not enough info to help you out...

OP
G

greenback

LawnSite Member
Originally posted by workaholic
Im lost on this one, You need to tell us what size the propertys are how many fert.&pest apps. mulching? annuals,perennials? trimming what type of shurbs, is pruning invovoled, edgeing beds?theres just not enough info to help you out...
in the first post i explained it. my bid is in, just tryin to get info. moderator can close this thread if he wants.

workaholic

LawnSite Senior Member
Originally posted by greenback
in the first post i explained it. my bid is in, just tryin to get info. moderator can close this thread if he wants.
That was quick I hope you suceed in winning that bid...