Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need help on pricing. i am new at this any help would be really appreciated.

approx. 38,000 sq. ft. to mow- i think 1 hr. or less

approx. 2,100 lin. ft. to trim- i think 30 min.

blow clippings- can be done in under 30 min.

this is a bank grass mostly on islands in parking lot.

i have-52in. ztr husq.
48in. tractor mower
3 weed eaters
1 back pak blower

any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
92 Posts
$45 to $75 depending on how nice they want it. you will learn quickly that most of the time if you do a good job you will be able to get more than youd expect out of people so be careful and dont underbid yourself

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Normally I would say that my prices are low compared to what the rest of the nation is at, but I'm thinking I'm a little high. That's a little over half acre, so I would say upwards of $50. I take care of a 1/4 acre for $65 a cut. I'm in and out in 1 hour, that's mowing, trimming, edging and blowing. I'm using a 36" TTHP and I'm running solo. Not too bad for me. Over the last 2 years, Lawnsite has helped my pricing. My average hourly rate is $45 an hour. Good luck with it! Commercial is quite lucrative if you get the right ones.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Quarter Acre Prices start at $25
Half Acre Prices start at $45.

It all depends on what your overhead is.

as my dad would say "Do a mans work, get a mans pay"

Never under-cut family!!!!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
How tall is the grass / has it been mowed recently or are you gonna have to "cut it in"?
How often will they have you do it - may wanna charge a little more if they won't let you do it often.
Also, you may consider getting a stick edger as it will save you a LOT of time as opposed to using a string trimmer for this. If you have enough business (even if just a few) it would be well worth the investment. At least it was for me. And I can cut a perfectly straight line with it every time.
Hope this info helps. Good Luck - and as a previous post suggests, Don't underbid. When I give a quote, since I tend to keep my customers for many years, I try to make sure it will be a price I can feel comfortable with even as inflation occurs over several years. This will also encourage you to do your best quality work. But be sure you remain competitive.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
we shoot for $30 hr. for residential and $45 hr. for commercial, so i would say somewhere around $90.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.