1. Countdown to live Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Commercial properties

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by BVLAWNCARE, Jun 22, 2004.

1. BVLAWNCARE

BVLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

HEy guys,
    been a few days since my last post. I was just wondering, how do you aquire commercial properties? How do get them to want a bid from you? What are prices? How should i estimate it? Square feet or time it will take ect? What do you need? (business license ect..)

Thanks

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Do you know how to bid residential? It is the same.
    Biding is the same all the time- KNOW YOUR COSTS- pay yourself- add your profit- thats the price.
    Getting jobs---Advertize--
    What do you need--Insurance--
    From these questions, I think you want to start small and get your feet wet a little at a time.

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

4. BareFootLawn

BareFootLawn LawnSite Member

I carry a pad of legal paper on a clipboard with me everywhere I go! If I pass a property that looks unkept, I call them and ask if they currently have anyone.
    I'm also a member of the Chamber of Commerce in my county (and city). I network every chance I get!