Commercial WB for residential?

Andrew H

LawnSite Gold Member
I knew the trailer comment would come. People can't help it. Did I mention that I won't own or use a trailer. I'd feel alot better hauling a 48" mower in my pickup box than a foldable trailer from Harbor Freight; unless I had a foldable lawn mower. But then I could put the folded up lawn mower in the cab next to me.
He was being facetious

dieselss

LawnSite Silver Member
I knew the trailer comment would come. People can't help it. Did I mention that I won't own or use a trailer. I'd feel alot better hauling a 48" mower in my pickup box than a foldable trailer from Harbor Freight; unless I had a foldable lawn mower. But then I could put the folded up lawn mower in the cab next to me.
You wont own a trailer, but yet your gonna take chances walking backwards up a ramp, try it when its slightly slick. Or try going down the ramp with not so good brakes.
Now your talking about room......ya trailer sounds so silly now

MikeDDayton

LawnSite Member
I won't give you a hard time about the trailer :) if you'll give me your 2 cents on the TimeMaster.

I have about .3 acre to actually cut, about 1/4 is just barely too steep for a ZTR if my math is right. I've been using a Honda 21" push self propelled model (the $400 one from Home Depot), but the wheels are literally falling off and it has the "missing strip" problem I've read about on this forum and others.

I really want to cut down my time spent and the Timemaster seems to be a step in that direction. If not for the grade issue, I'd probably bite the bullet and buy a residential grade ZTR.

Thanks in advance and sorry for hijacking your thread.

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
I won't give you a hard time about the trailer :) if you'll give me your 2 cents on the TimeMaster.

I have about .3 acre to actually cut, about 1/4 is just barely too steep for a ZTR if my math is right. I've been using a Honda 21" push self propelled model (the $400 one from Home Depot), but the wheels are literally falling off and it has the "missing strip" problem I've read about on this forum and others.

I really want to cut down my time spent and the Timemaster seems to be a step in that direction. If not for the grade issue, I'd probably bite the bullet and buy a residential grade ZTR.

Thanks in advance and sorry for hijacking your thread.

Not the poster you are referring to but have owned 2 Timemasters. For the best recommendation you might consider posting a picture.

Timemasters are not the very best on steep slopes. That said, they can be made to work. they will climb a slope but going across might be preferable.

Unless the slope is really steep I would have no issue with using this unit on your property.

MikeDDayton

LawnSite Member
Not the poster you are referring to but have owned 2 Timemasters. For the best recommendation you might consider posting a picture.

Timemasters are not the very best on steep slopes. That said, they can be made to work. they will climb a slope but going across might be preferable.

Unless the slope is really steep I would have no issue with using this unit on your property.

Thanks. My slope is about 14 degrees, and I usually vary my mowing pattern 4 ways. I could forgo mowing up-down the slope if necessary.

Top Forums