Commercial Zero turn for household use

JohnD2

LawnSite Member
How does Kubota stack up in the market today? Oh and I think I have a gravely dealer and country clipper dealer close as well.
Kubota is a fine machine. I just bought a Z412 and couldn't be happier. Two of my buddy's run Kubota also and love them. All Kubota's are on sale for the rest of the month. But, they did just adjust the prices for inflation right after I bought mine. For that much acreage I'd look at the Z726 with the FX801 , it has parker pumps also. The Z422 , would do the job too , just make sure you get the one with the suspension seat ,if you go that route, it's worth the extra $$.

Last edited:

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic
Comfort may be something you will really appreciate while mowing that much turf. Take a look at the Ferris ISX800. Get them to slap on the even better suspension seat than the one already on it and you are golden.
I recently puchased this mower. Have about 25 hrs on it. Rides like a dream

OP
T

Thejudges69

LawnSite Member
Comfort may be something you will really appreciate while mowing that much turf. Take a look at the Ferris ISX800. Get them to slap on the even better suspension seat than the one already on it and you are golden.
If I could go back i think I'd have bought a ferris. Several say that suspension is the cats meow.

OP
T

Thejudges69

LawnSite Member
Kubota is a fine machine. I just bought a Z412 and couldn't be happier. Two of my buddy's run Kubota also and love them. All Kubota's are on sale for the rest of the month. But, they did just adjust the prices for inflation right after I bought mine. For that much acreage I'd look at the Z726 with the FX801 , it has parker pumps also. The Z422 , would do the job too , just make sure you get the one with the suspension seat ,if you go that route, it's worth the extra $$.
I was supposed to go today to pick ok at a 726 but had to leave town. It's the only one they've gotten in stock in a while they said.

JohnD2

LawnSite Member
I was supposed to go today to pick ok at a 726 but had to leave town. It's the only one they've gotten in stock in a while they said.
I believe it ! Better get them when you see them , supply chain won't be good for at least another year from what I've been told. That's the same mower my buddy runs , he loves it.

OP
T

Thejudges69

LawnSite Member
I believe it ! Better get them when you see them , supply chain won't be good for at least another year from what I've been told. That's the same mower my buddy runs , he loves it.
There is a possibility I will be able to demo a ferris 2200 this week. The local dealer has a demo That's going to be available for purchase.

OP
T

Thejudges69

LawnSite Member
Demo is set for the ferris 2200 on Monday. 61" deck, independent suspension and air ride seat. Price is 11600 he said but since it's a demo it'll be much less.

Or I'm taking my cub deck to the weld shop, weld 3/16 plates above and below and really strength that deck.

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic
Demo is set for the ferris 2200 on Monday. 61" deck, independent suspension and air ride seat. Price is 11600 he said but since it's a demo it'll be much less.

Or I'm taking my cub deck to the weld shop, weld 3/16 plates above and below and really strength that deck.
Ferris doesn't offer an air ride seat.
Is that an aftermarket seat? Or are you referring to the suspension seat?

Top Forums