1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Commercials are driving me crazy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by deanslawnservice09, Mar 4, 2011.

1. deanslawnservice09

deanslawnservice09 LawnSite Member

I have been doing pretty much all residential lawns in my areas for 4 years now. This year and last, I have tried to add on a few commercial accounts, but it seems that the people who I need to talk to are extremely hard to contact. I pretty much always get there voicemail. I have never tried writing a bid without some kind of permission from whoever is in charge, but the idea of it is really starting to look appealing... any thoughts? :confused:

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Stick to residentials, or owner-opperated commercial places. Lot less headaches that way.

3. D&K Lawns

D&K Lawns LawnSite Member

I totally agree with KC grasscutter. All my commercials are private/owner operated. Works great.

4. deanslawnservice09

deanslawnservice09 LawnSite Member

Looks like I am going to stick with that, unfortunately. I may however try to get some of the town maintenance work... any thoughts on that? I heard the town I live in pays very timely and doesn't give to much grief.